• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2000 Kodiak Problem

I have a 2000 Kodiak up at the lake place that is giving me some trouble. The problem is that when I park the ATV on an incline and shift it into park, the thing won't stay in gear. It will roll and I can hear it clicking loudly. It will click into park after rolling a few feet when rolling backwards but not when it rolls forward. This happens when I leave it in gear also. Is this a problem I can check out and possibly fix or should I take it in to have it checked out?

Sounds to me that something is probably loose... another user here had a problem this winter when plowing .. machine was stuck in reverse and the lever still moved.. turned out to be a loose bolt on the shifter..

I would check into it yourself... if its an easy fix there is no reason for anyone to pay a shop .. probably a loose bolt.

Believe it or not guys, that other user was me but the problem was with a 2003 Kodiak I keep at home. I checked the same bolt on the 2000 that was a problem on the 2003 but it wasn't loose. I didn't have time to check the rest of the linkage when the problem was discovered and I didn't have a way of bringing the machine home from the lake place with me. I guess I'll have to check it out the next time I get up to the lake.