• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everyone

MJ1657

On June 2, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Mike89 said:

both welcome to visit

Did MJ stop by already?  My racing tires had the air let out. 

I hope that satisfies your FIX!  Nice trophies!

Ok, I just experienced "the merge"... :(

Well according to the pop up add at the top of the page some chick named Anna sent me a message, so life can't be all bad right??? Pair that with an extremely rare strip steak and a glass of wine on the deck and it makes for a great evening.

I have to admit, I have been working on carving duck decoys more than fish lately. But I do have the study pictures for the contest decoys for the Alexandria show next year. A few members of our MDAA chapter are going to come over to the shop at the end of this month and have an intro to carving day. So I want to show them start to finish on the process I go through on the decoy process. At least that's the excuse I'm using as to why I'm not doing any carving. 

This is the slow time of the spearing season. Spear shacks are in mothballs. Decoys and spears have dust on them. But the scrounging and junking season are in full swing. Keep looking for garage sale spears. Don't let MJ buy them all. 

Hope everyone's summer is going well. 

We will be on 3rd River in less than 5 months!!! We are on the down hill slide!!!

I've been collecting spears and have been trying to come up with a way to display some in my family room. Here's what I came up with.

I recently bought an old hand crank blacksmiths forge. I forged the hooks out of half inch rod. Bought some clear pine boards and gave them a coat of stain and poly.

A bunch of the dark house guys came over on a Saturday to help out and try forging themselves. It was a blast.

I'll post some more pics when I get it on the wall  

IMG_20160722_151353794.jpg

IMG_20160722_151424600.jpg