• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everyone

MJ1657

Only MJ can get the winning ticket to win back the stand up tongs that he donated to a banguet.

MJ, For your banquet next year,  I will donate a half of hog in a cooler for you to raffle off at your banquet. Thanks for the invite this year.

Edited by hawkeye43

9 hours ago, hawkeye43 said:

Only MJ can get the winning ticket to win back the stand up tongs that he donated to a banguet.

MJ, For your banquet next year,  I will donate a half of hog in a cooler for you to raffle off at your banquet. Thanks for the invite this year.

Wow!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!

On March 4, 2016 at 8:43 PM, MJ1657 said:

I'm always up for them!!

No stand ups today so I had to settle for a couple cribbage boards and a dream chair. :D

For me... I thought I better clarify. ;)

Coulda spent a lot more moola today if I bought everything that caught my eye.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

No stand ups today so I had to settle for a couple cribbage boards and a dream chair. :D

For me... I thought I better clarify. ;)

Coulda spent a lot more moola today if I bought everything that caught my eye.

You bought the dream chair? Isn't he a great guy. 

I was a little bit surprised by the number of open tables that I saw at the show. But the quality of the carvers involved was top notch!!! It's been a while since I went to a show just to wander around and look at stuff. Being a vendor limits how much snooping and trading you can do. It was fun to look around and talk with the carvers. 

There are still a handfull of good shows coming up. If you have never been give it a try. 

image.jpeg

I think this might need to be my next marketing idea. Might need @MJ1657 and @wanderer to finance the idea. 

Sell in floor TV to spear fisherman. They can shut the lights off and stare at the floor. It won't be nearly as entertaining as the spear shack, but it will feel right. 

33 minutes ago, Neighbor_guy said:

image.jpeg

I think this might need to be my next marketing idea. Might need @MJ1657 and @wanderer to finance the idea. 

Sell in floor TV to spear fisherman. They can shut the lights off and stare at the floor. It won't be nearly as entertaining as the spear shack, but it will feel right. 

I like your socks

Heading to Medina Sporting and Collectables show soon to check out some decoys and old lures. It is a great spot to pick up some Rapalas for cheap, and older lures like my favorite wooden Bass-O-Reno plugs. There are usually some decoy guys selling their own, or parts of their collections.  

David Perkins' son, I believe (never talked to him), was there with a table of his father's decoys. Jerry Kelm, who makes distinctive decoys, had a table as usual. A few other collectors had tables, including Tim Spreck and another gentleman who had a nice array of Louis Leech, Rudy Zwieg, Garry Hull and Bob Johnson Decoys. A few odds and ends at other tables including a few L. Bethels, a few Howels, a couple hard to find miniature Randals, among a few others. 

I nabbed a nice hardly used older 6.5' glass Fenwick spinning rod for $15, a never used older Rapala knife with the extra large blade for $7, an old but never used Zebco De-liar scale for $3 to hang in the spearhouse, a group of four F-11 rapaplas in a small tackle box for $10, and a 1950s red/white Bass-O-Reno in original box for $5.  

I saw one of mine on a table.... $135

I sold it last year for $35

Not sure what to think about that. I asked her if she wanted a business card to go with it. She clammed up and got real quiet. I asked if she speared or just collected, I guess it was her dads table.

I didn't find any treasures myself. Was looking for a bufflehead decoy. Came up empty. 

I was up in Grand Rapids for work the other day so I stopped at Glens to see what they had for left over decoys and couldn't believe Whittiers are going for $50 now????  The last one I got there 3 years ago was $30 have they really gone up that much in price I thought full size from him you could get for $35-$40.

1 hour ago, mrklean said:

I was up in Grand Rapids for work the other day so I stopped at Glens to see what they had for left over decoys and couldn't believe Whittiers are going for $50 now????  The last one I got there 3 years ago was $30 have they really gone up that much in price I thought full size from him you could get for $35-$40.

I think Glen's has got greedy....