• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everyone

MJ1657

Just got home. Went out for the first time since the gtg today. It was pretty slow, speared two in the low 20's and saw another smaller one. Had a school of gigantic suckers that would swim through once in a while and keep me on my toes. Tried to catch one for a huge decoy but they weren't interested in wax worms...ooh well.

Got out this afternoon saw sunnies ,crappies a bass and a dog fish slid threw the hole but no pike. I do know that somebody did spear a really nice pike today it was 40.750 inches.

HUMMMM, I don't know who that would be whistle

That spear you made me might not be able to hold a fish of that size wink

Got out this morning for a couple of hours saw a dogfish and a sunfish that had been hit by a pike and was hanging with my decoy for a bit then it swam off not long after that I speared a 32 incher and a 24 incher, One for tonight's dinner and one for the pickle pail.

I got out this evening I am set up fairly close to gordie. I got there at about 12:30 and had a 30 inch on the ice about 15 mins into my day. Saw to other small ones and about 60 crappies. Had panfish in my hole all day. I have had some time off work lately and have been spearing everyday and averaging seeing 15 pike a day but today was really slow and only saw the three.

The lake I prefer to spear on is way too dirty right now, so moved the house to a clearer lake. A city of fish houses is already springing up on the new lake. I was set-up about 2:00 and speared until 4:00. The only pike I saw was on the camera before I got set-up. Ended up catching a keeper crappie as I was pulling in my fathead at the end of the day. Hope to be out again at sunrise on Saturday.

I know I will be out someplace, just not sure where. I'm leaning more in the direction of staying close and hitting lake George just south of SF.

It's nice and close and I've never speared it before. So many lakes on the list not enough time.

You should have no problem getting a limit there,however they are all normally under the 30 inch mark.

I saw a large mouth bass and a monster small mouth along with 3 dogfish, two of which I speared, I also saw 4 small pike, and this was worth the wait. No windows to look out of in a spear shack so when you open the door and see this its defiantly a bonus! full-15313-40549-securedownload1(17).jpg

ive been in the house. just not my fish house. gutted the up stairs and working on getting that put back together. also got some spray foam jobs done this week. im thinking sunday will be a good day to go fishing.

I thought you maybe hibernated this winter.