• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 sportsman 500 need help!

bigeyes

Anybody know what I should be asking as a fair price on this? It is the army green with 120 miles on it. It is mint with no accesories. I am getting a little frustrated trying to get rid of it! I put it in the Star Trib for 5100 bucks and have got almost no calls and nobody serious at all. My original paper work shows I paid 6139.17 out the door. Is this not a great deal for something almost new? What do you folks think I should be asking. Don't want this to look like I am trying to get by with free advertising on here so I won't put any contact info. Just want help from some FM buddies on where to price this.

I can see where you are coming from... you likely wouldnt have as much of problem if it were july or august... right before the hunting season. At the same time, the machine will be that much older at that time, and the 05' models should be coming out.

I got a killer deal on a Kodiak 450 last year.. $5100+ freight ... when people can find them deals new, its aweful hard to sell your machine for the same price range that has been taken off the showroom floor... Not to mention most people finance.

Good luck on selling your machine .. There is a buyer out there somewhere.

I think Fisher Dave hit some of the problem on the head, most people finance...LOL When some brands have $69 a month or no payments until such and such a year, it's really tempting to new buyers. And, the 05's should be coming out soon.

I haven't checked but, is it really that hard to go to a bank, get a loan (I know it may for some people to get a loan)and probably get a better deal on a private party machine. Or are people just getting lazier and don't care about spending more money for convenience?

I am on the market for an ATV. Last Saturday I went to a dealer, and they priced 2004 Sportsman 500 at $5390, also they'll give me $71 back if I'd buy on that day. So basically there is only 2 to 3 hundred dollars difference between a new 2004 model and your 2003 model with some mileage on it.

Not much tax saving either buying from a private party, since you have to pay tax transferring the title.

Warranty is a big issue also .. what type of warranty is on that machine? If you have an extended (3 year) warranty .. that may make it far more attractive to a potential buyer .. but if that machine came with a 6 month/1 year warranty .. the warranty is gone where a potential buyer could buy a new machine for a couple hundred more with at least some type of basic warranty.

FZ, Atv's are registered they don't have titles and therefore you don't pay sales tax when you buy a used one. That can save someone several hundered dollars!! (Depending on the price and Sales Tax) That's a selling point you should make!

[This message has been edited by TV BOY (edited 04-06-2004).]

[This message has been edited by TV BOY (edited 04-06-2004).]

Thanks for some input guys. Yes there is no title on atv and it as a $4 fee to have it re-registered for a new buyer. So no tax or license. My tax and license on the machine was $340.00 last year when I bought it and I doubt that number has went down any for new ones. I ended up putting it back in at $4900. Still would like to hear some input as to what you folks would consider a fair price to ask for it.

I think its a very fair price for what it is .. a NEW machine... Part of the reason I got a good price on mine was it had .3 miles... but 18.2 hours ... someone forgot the key on .. oops.

Good luck on the sale of the machine ... hopefully you can get someone that just came from the dealership that was quoted the sale price ($5300 for eample) .. then learnd there was another $400 tax, $500 freight, $700 extended warranty, $50 registration and filing charges, and of course the $326 *just because they feel like adding another charge* expense .. consider the load and accumilated APR in a few years and the next thing they know they just signed up for a $9000 machine that had a price tag of $5300.. that 3.9 apr sounds good, so does the $39 payment option.. but the rate only last a couple years, and if someone pays off the machine with a minimum that $5000 machine might be a $15,000 machine when the APR goes up to 14.9% in 2 years.

The 120 miles on your machine will cost someone else buying the same machine $4000 to take a new one off the floor... or they could save $33/mile for the 1st 120.

Thanks for the responses guys! I decided to do a little home work and see what the new prices are, so I contacted a few dealers and It seems the new 500's are still over $6000 out the door that is best prices too. Someplaces had the yellow and blue for about $150 less. Did not realize that a green sportsman 500 would be such a difficult machine to sell when I bought it. Thanks agian.

Would you be looking to trade for a 7.5x17 fishhouse on hyd. wheels??? I live on the lake and dont need a sleeper house any more, but could use a wheeler to get around.

[This message has been edited by hawkeye43 (edited 04-09-2004).]