• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

riding????

kb1965

Where around east St. Cloud can a person go riding? Went out for a 2 mile trip today and had to cross an old dry cornfield, about 100 yards across on the edge of it. Some guy stopped me as I was going to cross the road and asked me to stay off the field please because it is screwing up the ground. Field was not yet plowed for. I apligized and went on my way. I am getting an itch to go riding but not sure where to go anymore. According to the laws you cannot ride the ditches south of Hwy 23 and 95, can I ride on the north side of the Hwy than and be legal yet?

[This message has been edited by kb1965 (edited 04-05-2004).]

Please, try to stay off any land that you do not have permission to ride on. That is one of the ways to make ATVing look bad in the eyes of the public. Please respect other landowners rights. As for your question, I would contact the DNR office in your area to make sure it is OK to ride the north side. It seems it would be legal, but check with the DNR to make sure first. Try to stay out of the wet areas in the ditches when you do ride in them.

I have permission from the farmer, as long as the field is not planted or crops growing I can cut across it, the person that asked me to stay off is the land renter. So do I still have permission or not?

[This message has been edited by kb1965 (edited 04-06-2004).]

I would talk with the renter. Make sure to point out where and when you would ride (ie: on crop edges, dry season, not everyday, etc,, etc.) I would GUESS that the renter would have say in the matter.

I also believe the renter has the right to ask you not to ride there.
When you rent or lease a crop field , you give up certain rights to it.

I remember hunting for ducks in Staples while attending Technical colleage there.I had the land owners permition, even did work for the farmer,but he had leased the field to someone for hay.The CO said I could not hunt the property unless the leasor said it was ok.
I did get permition so it all worked out, but it is always good to ask everyone involved.

I thank you for being nice and apolaginic for the mistake.It shows good will on the ATV riders to do so and not trash mouth the person.

Benny

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 04-07-2004).]