• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which ATV to buy$$

pickerel hunter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let you know I had a 2003 Grizzly 660 and it excelled at everything I threw at it.Awesome wheeler for everything you could ever want to do with an ATV!I also had a big tire kit which costed me $500 shipped to my door from Rocky Mountain ATV,which I have had excellent luck getting accesories from.The tires were GBC Mudhogs which really impressed me compared to 589's and Mudlights!

I'm kind of looking myself. Think I have it narrowed down to either...

Artic Cat 400 auto. 5544.50 thats everything tax,freight, and everythin.

Or a Honda Foreman ES 450. 5395.00 this still needs tax, freight,reg and all the other costs.

The Cat has 12 inches of clearance compared to 7.7 on the Honda. But the cat weight 50 lbs more.

Are their any cat owner's out there I would like to hear some reports on them.

Thanks alot Todd.

I did a lot of research before buying my 1st 4 wheeler this spring. Talked to friends that had them. Dealers and guys that worked on multiple brands. I went into this thinking for sure I would be going with a polaris. A hunt club I go to uses there units hard and constantly for their business. They had multiple Polaris units due to brand loyalty. They finally swore them off due to all the breakdowns. In their business, a 4-wheeler down is lost money and P.O.'d customers.

The things I learned was the ground clearance was a factor with only some units having the 12" clearance. Belt driven is much cheaper to repair when they breakdown. I was also looking for a independent suspension for a better ride (not racing). I wanted a true 2 passenger unit and not many make one. I preferred a model with a 2" hitch receiver. I checked warranty claims and cost per claim by manufacturers on newer models.

I ended up with a 2up Artic Cat TRV 500. Friends of mine that have other brands have riden this model and looked it over for features and ease of maintenance and are truly impressed. My wife got a ride on this for the 1st time and now wants a second one.

Bottom line I'm verrrry pleased with this unit. "I just hope it doesn't draw me away from my fishing time too much!"