• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Pro 4 Auger hose leak; recommend remedies please

CHEX1982

Still works as usual. I just have to drill holes fast and shut it down and take off propane bottle.

Leaking from this part of the hose:

full-31585-40179-prohose.jpg

It's not the engine or bad fuel line. I had that warranty replaced already. I have the first-year model Pro 4's and they are equipped with some short, stiff propane hose. Not even kidding, you can barely bend it and I think because of continually bending the hose to secure clamping the propane bottle down on the handle, has caused stress breaks in the hose. There are no cuts or knicks on the hose. The propane is simply leaking from the part where the gold thingy is connected to the hose.

Is this something that has to be fixed immediately? Because I would prefer to put silicone tape on it and wait until the end of the season if there is no safety danger or if putting tape on it will not cause damage to the regulator/engine.

For those of you mechanically skilled, what do you think?

ummmmm. I have a question,am I going to have to take the transmission off to get to the screw that holds the hose on ?

(how they got this screw in is beyond me!)

And will I have to take off carb to attach the brass fitting ?

If anyone has replaced theirs would like to hear from you.

Just installed new hose(you tube video)

New hose is about 1"-1 1/2" longer and a lot more flexible,old hose was so stiff! So maybe that's why they were having problem ?

Well what the heck?? Mine blew a hose last weekend, its a 2 yr old "generation 1" as they call it. The new fuel line assembly they sent mt (and charged me 40 bucks for!) looks exactly the same as the old one. What generation was yours (how old) did they charge you for it?? Im feeling a little screwed here...

Mine was a gen.2

I was all for buying 1 but after talking to a Jiffy sales rep. at the Wausau show he said they were awear off the problem. Maybe that why the gen.3 came out?

Anyway talking to Jiffy,he told me it was out of warr.and said it would be X amount,then I told him what the sales rep. said,that was Tues. and Thurs.was it mailbox no charge!

Maybe Jiffy guy was feeling nice that day?

Made my day so I went and bought a Pro4 lite for me and the son gets the heavy gen.2

Please report back periodically and let us know how the Lite works out for you.

I knew when I bought the pro4 when it first came out that there would likely be issues, and if this hose is the only one I still very much like the auger...just wish they could apply the newer "fix" from the gen 3 to the older model, but I guess thats just not the way it goes:)

all this is new to me  i bought agen 1 10 yrs ago never had any problems yje last 5yrs i did,nt use it but 5yrs ago i had about third of can left i would show off to my friends one or two pulls in summer start right up  so yesterday 1-12 20 i go fishing and it does,nt start  check and the can is empty so i put new can on and pisssssssss around the hose so itake it to the shop and also the regulator was leaking so sh33333t happens and 176.00 later im fishing still love the gas auger        d rock new brighton rocks sh

55 minutes ago, steven hanzal said:

all this is new to me  i bought agen 1 10 yrs ago never had any problems yje last 5yrs i did,nt use it but 5yrs ago i had about third of can left i would show off to my friends one or two pulls in summer start right up  so yesterday 1-12 20 i go fishing and it does,nt start  check and the can is empty so i put new can on and pisssssssss around the hose so itake it to the shop and also the regulator was leaking so sh33333t happens and 176.00 later im fishing still love the gas auger        d rock new brighton rocks sh

Steven, Welcome to the forum.  That sucks but 10 years on a hose is a good run.  D-Rock is the best for getting people back fishing, I get all my parts there.  Oddly, I thought they only handled Strikemaster parts and repair?  Good to know they could still help you out.  ?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
1 hour ago, steven hanzal said:

Welcome to HSO @steven hanzal.