• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winch problems

sledhead

if you have a jumper box, you can touch the positive and negitive leads directly to the posts on the winch. If it gos in out out nothing with the winch. You put them on onw way and it will go out on in and then reverse the + and - and it will do the same. If it works that way you most likely have a rocker switch problem. Also, do you have a warn rocker kit with the small rocker or the large rocker? Or is it a super winch rocker kit? If it is a super winch rocker your not getting full power out of you winch.

I have a warn winch on my wheeler that I'm haveing a problem with.It let's cable out with no problem, but when I push the rocker switch up there's nothing. What do you guys think,rocker swich,selenoid? It is wired so that the winch works with the key off. How would you trouble shoot this,any ideas? thanks in advance.

First thing, check all wire connections. What kind of switch, large or small? You mentioned solenoid. If it is a slenoid only, you can count that as being good since you are getting power to the winch in one direction. If it's a solenoid/contactor all in one, you must have a mall rocker switch and that's another story.

Take one step at a time.