• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

flip over fan setup

Creek Kid

Just wanted to share a simple idea.

full-121-39962-rcajackfan.jpg

I made a fan with an RCA jack hook up + a bull dog clip, that fits neatly around my bars in my frabill. I am setting my lites up like this as well. I switch components between my 1-man & 3-man. I used to have spade connectors but it was always a 50/50 guess in the dark. Just thought I 'd share & see what everyone else does in this situation.

I don't know how to wire an RCA jack, and didn't think to check the interwebz for it so I tripled up on lights for every shack.

Great idea though, will prob take lights from my 1-man and use em as a second string in my hub

Thank you

Test Scenario is 12v 9amp Battery. In the cold you will see a serious decrease in performance so your 9amp will act more like a 7amp etc etc.

7.00amp / .300A (or 300mA) = 35hrs (lol)

Calculating run time in room temp vs outdoors will drastically differ

##Ah (AMP of battery) /.##A (Draw, usually milliamps)=xx Hours

Computer Fans:

80mm fans are 1-2 watts (84mA - 170mA)

120mm fans are 3-5 watts (250mA - 420mA)

My figures are just high level guesstimates so yeah... it'll last a full day of fishing to say the least.

neat idea, but I don't understand why guys spend time on custom fan setups like this when Clam sells a 2 speed fan/led light combo that velcro's to your top frame pole for like $15

It's super simple and runs forever on 4 AAA batteries...I'm not dogging inginuity, just saying when there's a simple cheap commercial solution, why not go with it?

clam fan/light

Dimensions: 10 in. L x 8 in. W x 2 in. D

so bulky and massive

neat idea, but I don't understand why guys spend time on custom fan setups like this when Clam sells a 2 speed fan/led light combo that velcro's to your top frame pole for like $15

It's super simple and runs forever on 4 AAA batteries...I'm not dogging inginuity, just saying when there's a simple cheap commercial solution, why not go with it?

clam fan/light

clam fan/light

I had two of these. They lasted less than two years. The fans are loud. I'd rather put up my own computer fan and a strip of LED lights and have them work. The Clam lights aren't worth $2.00 IMO.

I've only used the fan camping and didn't run it long so I can't say how long it lasts. As far as buying commercial products I'm always a little put off by the prices on simple items just because they're in Sporting Goods (or Auto or Marine, etc). If my time's worth $0.30/hr I'd be miles ahead buying it. It sure is fun making stuff from junk laying around tho (kind of a pack rat). Here's anther pic of a free mod that works awesome & I don't think there's a commercial version of it.

full-121-40041-shelf.jpg

It's a 1/4 piece of a 5 gallon bucket lid. Fits perfectly under the bar brace and has a lip to boot. BTW the rod holder is PVC drain pipe to a sink.

I think I'm finally done messing around w/my 1-man. I have 1 standard taillight bulb, 1 LED (14 LED bulbs), & 1 computer fan on 3 separate rocker switches. Tested the draw 2nite & was surprised 2C that the 14LED lite (they're basically a low profile car foglite) draws less than the single std taillight! 50mA vs 200mA! The fan draws >162mA. Grand total of around 450mA. Am also gonna run a motorcycle battery & C how that works. Gonna start in on my 3man now. How RU guys wiring extension poles in flip overs? RU using coiled wire that stretches (zip tied or taped) when the poles R extended or RU running enuff extra INSIDE the tube so it doesn't pull out?

clam fan/light

Waste of money they dont last, mine made it 5 trips before it quit working and when it did work it wasnt that great...