• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question of Value

RiverKarhu

I've got a friend with two things for sale - a relative wants to buy them and he is not sure how much to ask. Any opinions would be appreciated:
1. 2001 Polaris 500 HO Remington. Warn winch, handlebar/thumb warmers, rear view mirror, windshied, saddlebags, Polaris rear rack box (the 10" high one). About 300 miles on it.
2. Floe 12' dual axle trailer. He paid about $1700 for it, then we built a custom aluminium shell. Inside height is 6'8". Dual rear doors (barn style) with hold open bars. Front is V shaped with tapered top and access door (3'wide x 4' high). Easily holds 3 Polaris Sportsman machines plus a whole lotta gear.

Blue book on the machine is $4800, but it doesn't account for the low miles and accessories. On the other hand a new camo 500 is $6500 bare bones according to our local dealer.
Trailer is really a tough one - how would we put a value on that shell?

thanks for your help

later

River

Thanks Dan. I'm thinking that is what he is going to ask for it. If I had the cash I'd buy it. By the way the dealer up here quoted $6200 for a regular 500HO. I thought he was a bit high, you have confirmed my suspicions.
The trailer is a 2000 or 2001 Floe. All aluminium. Dual axle. The custom cover was built 2 years ago by our own shop. It hasn't been used much, one trip a year to SD plus maybe 100 miles per year other short trips. Has been stored inside summer and winter. I used it a couple of times, it was great. Two machines in parallel, one in sideways. Plenty room in front for gas cans, boots, guns, etc. Was a dam to pull though, wider than my 4.6L F150, and a lot higher. Chevies with the 350 don't seem to have a problem pulling it though. Just hard on gas.
later
River