• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Castle Heating Question

Drama King

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ice castle upgraded my 20 to a 30,000 btu and it works great. Much quiter and heats in the coldest weather. Mine is a 2014 Lake of the Woods and with the 20 it would take many hours to get to 60 deg. It would barely keep up and never shut off at night on the cold nights. If not for the upgrade there would have been a lot of days this winter I would not have used it. Jeff at Ice Castle did a great job in handling my problem along with Bullyan Rv in Duluth who did the conversion. So what im getting at is get the 30,000 and you will be much happier.

Man, I sure am glad we have a Rinnai direct vent wall furnace in our trailer shack. After hearing four different forced air furnaces run in fish houses I'd go nuts from the noise and uneven heat. Reading this thread makes me even happier! We have an 18' spray foamed shack. The Rinnai is 16,000 Btu's and only takes 40 Watts to run. We can run an entire weekend on a couple deep cycles and a 300 Watt inverter if needed. You won't be doing that with RV style forced air units. I usually hear genny's barking 24/7 on most IC's and Lodges. It has a built in thermostat and the key to it's quietness is that it ramps the blower voltage up slowly. It also blows the heat out at the floor drying out the carpet quickly. When we were up on Red we fired up the furnace, drilled holes, dropped it down, and banked the sides came in and took off our jackets and were in tennis shoes in no time. We do have one computer fan in the rear blowing heat down so the top bunk is tolerable. I have yet to see another one in a fish house probably because they run over $1000. We let the original owners of the shack take the depreciation hit wink I wish they weren't so expensive so others could be as happy as we are with their furnace. We had an Empire direct vent fan-less in our last shack and were very happy with that one also. Of course we had several computer fans in that house. I hope you all get your heater issues figured out without missing too much of the season.

rinnai556.jpg

I started with a 20000 in my 20 fter and had the same porblem, upgraded to a 30000 andbeen warm ever since. get he upgrade, they have to dig in to the problem any way, so do yourself a favor and get the up grade. you wont regret it. a 20 should heat a 16' but even my freind who bought a new 16' has heating probs with a 20000

I took my brand new lake of the woods ice castle out this weekend and the furnace would took forever to ignite and when it did it rand forever without shutting down. Then it would start blowing cold air and no warm air. I called smokey hills outdoors and they had me shut off the generator and pull the 30 amp fuse and do a reset. It worked, but then I had to repeat the process several times through the night to stay warm. When the heater runs it also makes the burner barely work. Pretty sad I spend 15,000 and had to heat my house with a one pound propain tank to stay warm. It is a 30,000 but furnace and runs horrible. Has anybody had the same issue. full-49908-53214-image.jpg

I had similar problems when I frst got mine, it had a 20,000. had burner problems an replaced the regulater, that worked but then it would heat up enough thats when i went to the upgrade. also try opening the valve really slow each time, ther is a safty system for shut dout down, open to fast nd the system thinks there is a leak. Id start with the regulater. but always open very slowy