• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trailers for ATV

mwal

I'm purchasing an atv and wonder what people recommend for trailers to haul it? Snowmobile, 5x10 etc I dont have much room to store trailer so size is a consideration.
Thanks

Mwal

I use a utility trailer I got from Home Dxxxt. It is an ice bear from canada. I shopped around and this one fit well. It is about 4.5' wide and 8 feet long but the ends fold down to be extended to 12'. It has sides and tilts too. I have a Kaw. 650 and that is a large machine. It fits well and there is extra room aroune the machine to put gear, gas and other things.

[This message has been edited by Swamp Scooter (edited 02-11-2004).]

I have the exact same trailer as Swamp scooter bought from Home Depot for $600.

The trailer also tilts for easy loading, and will work for 2 ATV's.. but one will want a ramp for the second(trailer will be level once 1st is on). The tung can be extended for better trailering and backing. The trailer is rated for roughly 3100 lbs.. so it is handy for other uses also.

My trailer only carries one atv or sled, I bought it at Nothern Hyd. it's just a 4x6 but it has tilt on it, works great for the wheeler, and is light enough to put all my stuff on and hual across the lake no problems. Then I purchased a sled a month ago, and I had to cut part of the front railing ogg so the skis would slide past the front of the trailer a bit, and the sled fit totally perfect after the quick sawsall mod wink.gif . Oh yeah it was only $329 not the deal of the year by any means, but worth every single little penny. Of course I have a truck and don't really "need" 2 place since I can always put another one in the box, but a 2 place trailer is nice.

If you are anywhere near Hutchinson, check out the custom built ATV trailors they have at the Polaris dealer on Hwy 15 north end of town. I bought my machine there and the trailor. It is 4x8' and has a wheelbase the same as the atv so it follows in the atv wheel tracks when pulling it. They were about $400 back in winter of 98.