• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help making up my mind...

Mark Christianson

My Dad has a 1995 Yamaha Kodiak, and I have a 1999 Yamaha Kodiak.
We have worked them to death.
The farmer that puts cattle on our property has a '93 or '94 Kodiak, and it is beat to hell. I mean beat to hell! They have never had any major malfunctions.

I am 100% sold on the Kodiaks. Period!

I have a 2000 450 Foreman and can't say anything bad about it. Never had any trouble and does everything and more than I expect out of it. Honda's are great machines and are priced right. You wouldn't be disappointed at all if you go this route.

both are great machines,,you cant go wrong either way...im not real framiliar with the kawi your lookn at...if it has a hi and low range and true 4wd guess id go with that over the honda..the honda only has a low first gear and limited slip front end,,,the Honda is truly bulletproof thou

OK - have LOML approval to buy my first ATV. It will be used for fishing, hunting, and plowing mostly. I've narrowed it down to the Kawasaki Prairie 350 4x4 and the Honda Foreman ES.

Can someone who owns one or the other comment, please? I just don't want to make a $5k mistake...

Thanks in advance

I have a Yamaha 350 Big Bear, I bought it new in 1994, I love it, The only drawback is the it's always in 4 wheel drive. I use it at my hunting shack, icefishing, plowing and just riding. I can tell you I have never had one problem with it and I really work it. It's been a great machine so you may want to take a look at Yamaha's as well.

$.02

Ole

I am sorry but Honda's quality has gone down the tube's since the enception of the TRX400. It's that they ae that bad of a machine, but they are very subceptable to dirt ingestion. If you keep the air filter clean all the time and the oil changed on regular basis they aren't a bad machine. I've being seeing so many problems with honda's in general in the past couple of years. I wouldn't buy one to save my life. Not ATV's, Motorcycles, or power equipment.

I love the 450 honda they are bullet proof. the only complaint is the brakes. I have had mine for 3 years now and it never fails me. I have rode with them all and I cant say that about any other machine and we are nasty riders
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Personaly I think they are all good machines but at the risk of starting a fuss I just want to pass along what a guy who works at a dealership who sells Yamaha and Hondas has to say. He told me that they work on 3 or 4 hondas to every 1 Yamaha and when I offered the fact that maybe there are just more hondas out there he dismissed it and said that they sell way more yamahas.

Not necissarily my opinion, just what I have heard.

Dave

I have a 99 450 foreman with 8000 miles on it. I bought it used and it runs great as good as any new machine in my book. I have never used the other model you mention but I can't image being any happier with another machine.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]