• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kodiak owners

TV BOY

I recently got a kodiak 450 and was wondering what size plows people are using. I like the slightly smaller stance of the Kodiak, and was wondering if a 48" will work and still clear the tires at a tilt.

Will clear no problem, Have installed 48" many times on 400 and 450, it's a more universal plow, most everyone puts on a 48" unless you got a lot to plow then go with a 60" blade.

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.:D

The yamaha dealer in St.Cloud has moose plows in 50" or 60"
I live in town with a short ~60 ft but wide drive with a city side walk to clear. Is a 60" angled to wide for a side walk?

get the 60" standard blade, not the country plow dump unless you are plowing a street. The 60" is perfect for driveways and it is a little tricky when doing the sideway but just angle the blade and you will have no problems.

If interested I just posted a plow in want ad section thats like new. Snow cleared tires on my Foreman with blade angled. Pretty sure Foreman stance is wider than a Kodiak I think that depending on your needs each size has a use. Enjoy your toy.

Thanks for all the info I went with the 50" moose plow with a warn winch. It's a 5 position straight plow. I was told it should clear the tires on the tightest angle setting and work great on the side walks.

Now we need some snow to try it out smile.gif
I don't think the neighbors will mind me clearing their sidewalks ( as long as I keep it under 30 ) - LOL. grin.gif