• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

honda

CMWINTER

sledhead...

I'm going to have to greatly dissagree with you on Hitching Post.. I bought my machine from them and regret it. I would not recommend anyone buying anything from them, and definately dont take your machine there for service... unless you want to pay 5x what you should. If you dont pay the extra $700 for their *gold club member* extended warranty you will have to wait an average of 3 weeks for your machine to be serviced. On top of that they have all kinds of hidden charges.. which will added about $800 to my price tag(besides extended warranty).

I had a problem shortly after I purchased my Kodiak ... I brought the machine in (called 1st) and was treated like dirt. I explained and showed them the problem I had .. 2 days later I got a call to pick the machine up.. they *couldnt find any problem*. Once again I showed them the problem. I ended up leaving in fury .. got home and found the loose wire harness within minutes... however .. they did give me a copy off the bill(covered by warranty) WHICH WAS OVER $300 for changing the oil when it was there? It didnt need an oil change.

In the end .. I have a very good machine .. but I'm stuck with a very bad, untrustworthy service until the time my warranty(3 years) expires.. unless I pay someone else, or buy the parts and do it myself.

Dont buy from Hitching Post.

I bought new from Tousley and had no problems. Never had to go in for service work but the sales end seemed OK. Also, I've purchased a few from Larson in Cambridge. Overall had good experience there too. My brother had a so-so experience at Heinens (Yamaha), but it worked out ok in the end (though he said he wouldn't shop there again). Never taken any of my wheelers in for service work, but I am sure you could hear bad about any of the dealers. The techs are only human. Its when you consistantly hear only bad is when you really have to start wondering. Maybe checking with the BBB wouldn't be a bad idea, or asking around at work, or friends who have ATV's. The web is a great place for info but seems as if it can really get twisted out of shape in a hurry.

[This message has been edited by CHOPPERTHEDOG (edited 01-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by CHOPPERTHEDOG (edited 01-01-2004).]

I agree with SledHead. Stay away from "Lousley Motor Spotrs". I really shopped around for prices at different dealers when I bought my 650 Honda Rincon last fall. I asked "Lousley" if they would match Larsons or any other dealers price. They said, they didn't have to and then proceeded to tell me they have to pay the light bill for the new building.
"Lousley" also said, don't bring your ATV here for service if you buy it somewhere else. It will be last on the list to get serviced. That statement made me jump for joy. Yea right, it made me go straight to Larsons.
Give Larsons in Cambridge a concideration.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

[This message has been edited by SmellyJelly (edited 01-04-2004).]

Yeah, i'll admit that Tousley was $50 higher than Larsons when I bought my Rincon last spring but I didn't have to drive to Cambridge. When we bought my wifes new motorcycle last summer Tousley was actually $200 less than Larson's (I was really surprised). Hitching Post sales people were not all that friendly to deal with when I tried. I wound up walking out in the middle of the sales guys sentence as he was trying to hand me his business card (he missed out on two good sales in '03)and I would never go back. But I am sure they do good deals too, otherwise they wouldn't still be in business. I'm just not going to beg them to take my business.

Fisher Dave,

Which Hitching Post did you Bring it to?

Hopkins, Mineapolis on St. Anthony, or SSP.

I can tell you this much I have worked as a tech and both Tousley and Now the Post. I'm in the SSP Building, I have to apologize if you got bad service, but you must remember if we cannot produce the problem you are having we cannot get anything out of the manufacturer for warrenty time. Now if you should your service writer the problem it should have be fixed no problem. If you had service like that at the post, I would say you went to Hopkins, they don't give a hoot about anyone over there. Come on over the SSP and we'll get you squared away. If it was us Sorry, we'll try again. We never make people wait 3 weeks to get their machine in. The Gold club, Hmm you get you first 3 services FREE of charge and get a 3 year extended warrenty, and let me tell you it's a heck of a lot better the Aftercare and Outdoor Disadvantage.

As far a tousley telling you they got to keep the lights on. Well not a lot of dealers around that want to match the Price of Larson's. Remember they DO NOT do heavy service work at larsons. They also employ High School kids and minimum wage to put you Wheelers together. Personally I would rather have some one with experiance put my wheeler together out of the Crate. I just would not recomend Larson's for the fact that you will be and I hate to say it but a "B" customer. The machines that get purchased from the dealer will have a higher rank. That's just the way most of them deal. We try to get every one done. right away. But it always doesn't happen. We can only work so fast, and I know sometimes it's no fast enough, but we're only human just like the rest of ya'll. grin.gif

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.:D