• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AJ a Twin?

toughguy

Stories are circulating that the Twins are interested in bring AJ Pierzynski back. I like the idea. The team needs a guy like him in the club house that calls out players on their B--S. We all know the coaches won't. I've never understood why people hate him so much.

I think that's more media hype than anything. Hopefully Ryan is keeping all options open, but I like the guys we've already got.

Doumit, Herrmann and Pinto all have done well and deserve a shot at being "the" guy.

Wasn't he behind a microphone? Not sure he'd trade that to be a backstop for a Triple A level pitcher.

As B. Amish pointed out.

#1 pitching

#2 someone to drive in runs

#3 pitching

This rumor helps justify why I did not renew my season tickets for next year. They are still barking up the wrong tree. The owners are pocketing a nice chunk of change while letting the team rot. I'm not going to help line their pockets next year.

Quote:
I like the guys we've got.

You must not have watched any games this past season? crazy

Talking about our catching crew only. Doumit, Herrmann and Pinto were all WAY better than any other position as far as power, RBI, and batting average goes.

I can't imagine at this point that he would want to play for any team that isn't a possible contender. Plus I just don't see him being a fit for the team and coaching staff. This team could really use some players with a little attitude and swagger but those types of players end up in Gardy's doghouse and eventually are shipped out. Without a doubt, gardy would much rather see butera back.

Doumit might be the twins best shot at a catcher that will have some power and an ok average, only problem is, he isn't an every day catcher. Pinto is the better defensive alternative, but he is unproven. Bottom line is the Twinks are in a bit of a bind unless they go out and get someone. I would love to see Brian McCann here, but he might be a little out of the clubs price range wink

AJ was young once and relatively an unknown player at one time way back when. give Herrman and Pinto a shot. They both have pop in their bat. I am looking forward to seeing how AJ looks with blonde hair and a long grey beard hanging out underneath the catchers' mask

Aj will obviously have a better shot to win in boston than here, but i fail to see why boston signs him to a 1 year deal and lets salty leave. do they have a stud prospect on the horizon? salty seemed like a big part of their world series run last year.