• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The big decision

warrior#1

Both machines are great, Hondas are bullit proof Yamaha tend to be more powerful.
Best thing I could say would be to go to each dealership and try ech machine.See how each feels, how each one compares to each other in the areas you thing you will need them for.Like rack capacity,will one have enough or not.Size of machine, what one fits you better are you sitting at an uncomfortable angle on one or the other.
4 wheeling capability, does one have true four wheel drive versus the other having only one front and one rear wheel driving the machine.
Towing capacity, will one out tow the other.

Depends on what you really want.

Benny

I have the 450 ES and am happy with it. It's not going to break any speed records but it does what I want - icefishing , hunting , plowing good enough for me. Like B said Hondas are pretty much bullet proof and that's the main reason I went with Honda.

I have the Kodiak 450 and couldnt be happier. The kodiak does have *true* 4 wheel drive. I put nearly 1500 miles on my machine this year through every type of terrain(I like to play off road) and the only problem I had was picking up a nail in the tire.

I have always been a big Honda fan, but I wouldnt think twice before buying another Yamaha after the performance of this machine.

Another plus... It is comfortable after riding all day.