• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV RAMPS

PK3

PK -
Two ramps are a pain to line up with the wheels, especially when loading on uneven ground. I use a "bi-fold" ramp. It opens to the width of my Polaris, and when folded up it slides under the wheeler between the tires. It's under 6.5 feet long so I can close the tailgate with the wheeler loaded in, but still long enough to not make too steep of an angle to load the machine. Although I wouldn't want to load a 2wd machine without parking the truck in a low spot or fully dropping the tailgate. Maybe painting it or coating the top with an abrasive paint or sticky back abrasive would take care of that. I always fasten the ramp to the truck when loading or unloading. Only takes a second, and I've seen too many close calls with unsecured ramps.
Trifold ramps also work well, they may unfold to be a bit wider.

River

I have single ramps that are curved slightly. I like them because I can also load a garden tractor in my pickup if I need to. The curve allows the mower deck to clear the tailgate without hanging up on such a steep angle. My ramps fold in half, but I usually just stack them together and slide them under my wheeler.

I have 6 foot bi-fold ramps that work great. they are a little scary unloadind, but loading just move slow, and use 4 wheel low. I have loaded and unloaded probally over 100 times with no problems. and they fit inbetween the tires of the wheeler, and I can close the tailgate and lock it. in my opinion, I would get bi-fold ramps for your wheeler, they have like a 1000 pound compacity.
its a little scary unloading becuase of the angle and the momemtum of moving backwards, makes it seem like you flipping over backwards, but have no fear, it works great.
ps, I do have a off road 4x4, so the size truck should not matter in stock form.

Some folding ramps, like from API Outdoors, are adjustable in width and are rated at 1500 pounds. When unloading backwards, you can use the brake and walk alongside the ATV instead of riding it down backwards, if that's more comfortable, safety-wise, for you.