• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lymes disease

verg

I have posted this question on a couple other forums as well trying to get all info possible. I was bear hunting two months ago in northern mn. Apparently I contracted lymes when there. I suffered from terrible headaches and weakness/fatigue. Most symptoms have improved with meds but not 100%. My worst symptom is my eyes. They hurt, kind of feel pressure in back. I look sleepy but am not. My vision has blurred some. I read that this is a rare symptom. I am going to eye doc on Monday. Wondering if anyone else has had this and similar symptoms and what to expect? thanks for any words.

Cured is a pretty bold statement. I don't think many would hang their hat on saying lymes is 100% curable. It can go into remission but certain things can trigger symptoms the rest of your life. Reoccurring symptoms mean it's not cured. There are many options for you but its most likely going to take a lot of awareness and consistency from you to improve to your best. Sorry to hear the bad news man.

I've also read and been told by doctors that the ticks do need to be attached for a while--more than 24 hours--to be able to transmit the bacteria. So...even if one has attached itself, but you know with certainty that it's not been there for more than a day, you ought to be OK.

Still, scary stuff. I'd probably get it checked out anyways, with the caveat that the tests for it aren't perfect, either.

I got it last deer season in Wisconsin. I had about the same symptoms you had, headaches, tired, sore back. I still get the bad headaches, and my vision changed alot in that time. The eye Dr checked me, I told him I just got lymes, and he told me to wait 3 months and get my eyes retested. I havent been back to get them retested, but my vision improved mostly back to normal.

The fatigue, and laziness lasted about a week after taking the antibiotics. The blurry vision took a couple months to get to the point it didnt bother me enough to worry about it any more. I still get headaches pretty bad throughout the day ever since then. Sometimes they will last an hour, sometimes just a sharp pain that lasts about 10 seconds, then goes away. I know my vision is not back to normal, but it is to the point that it could just be from normal change of vision, and I just need a different prescription now.

I got lymes about 7 years ago while Turkey hunting. I still seem to have joint pain on and off since treatment. The Dr. said that joint pain my last forever. Never really had a problem with eye sight though except that first week and finding out I had lymes. Man all the way through the treatment was just the worst thing I have ever gone through. Good Luck and hopefully you start feeling better.

well Im still battling. Just under three months now. Have made solid progress. Energy levels are decent, strength is decent and headaches are much better. Still have eye issues, kind of shaky legs and my heart sometimes races. Worst part is that doctors around here know nothing about it. Can't seem to get help or advice from them.

It really sucks how such a little critter can ruin or even deter such a wonderful outdoor experience for anyone. Heard from a Veterinarian in Grand Rapids that the only months we don't need to worry about deer ticks is Dec, Jan, and Feb. I thought good old fashioned wood ticks were annoying enough but deer ticks are much much worse. I don't think we have many in central MN but up north grouse hunting this fall they were thick.