• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arctic Cat ATV's

Scott

Any one have an opinion on these? I'm looking at the 500. One of the nice things with these is that you can get all of your accessories right at Gander, but I guess it really wouldn't be any more of a problem to get your accessories at the dealer.

I appreciate any advice.

thanks

Scott, I'll say this is true for "most" accessories. The accessories at dealerships are usually available at aftermarket shops for less money since not many OEMs manufacture its own accessories.

I started with the bearcat 454 (later stolen) and now have owned a 500 for a couple of years. It does everything I've needed, and I have never had any trouble with it. It's been a real solid machine to own.

Hope this helps.

Arctic Cat uses Suzuki motors. My father bought the very first '95 or '96 454 model to which we still have today. The motor has been tough as any motor out there, no issues. Just some minor things (carb kit update, axle boots) have occurred over the years, but this machine plows heavy snow on a long remote trail in the winter, ice fishes, pulls, tows, hunts with mud and water in the thickest of forests and keeps going.

I almost bought an AC FIS 500 over a year ago, but my brother in law decided to sell his Honda with lots of the accessories I needed.

I haven't heard of any issues with the 500.

Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking of the 650’s: they have the Kawi motor and the 500’s have the Suzuki. Both have been in there respective line-ups for several years. Kawasaki and Suzuki merged last year…