• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rear light for ATV

Iceseeker

I am setting up the ATV for ice fishing. I have a box mounted on the rear rack to haul gear in and am considering having a light inside the box.

Questions are:

What kind of light to purchase and where? I need the lightto be able to hold up to the weather and roughness of the travel.

How do you wire such a light? I need to be able to remove it because I do not leave the box on during the summer.

Thanks,
Thumper

Iceseeker, if you want a light for just inside the box, use a rectangular clearnace light that's on trailers. Even the amber colored lens should light up the inside of the box just fine. You'll have to wire in a toggle switch to turn it on and off.
Search for Cycle Country and look at the Back Up Light....that'll give you an idea.

Also, you may want to spend a few more bucks and go with a rack mounted spotlight. Most are removeable and use a coiled cord, so you can shine the light anywhere you want.

If your box has a lid on it, and you are using the trailer style light... you could do the same thing as I did with my toolbox on my truck. Get a murcury switch for it, when you open the box...Waaaallllaaaa you have your light on.

[This message has been edited by [YouNeedAuthorization] (edited 11-28-2003).]