• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Submerged ATV

erikwells

I recently put my Honda Foreman 450 ES in my pond. The water was not over the seat but the rest of the machine excluding the seat, handle bars and front light was in the water. Is there anything I need to do or check. Also a public service not to all of you; the water is really cold already.

Sorry to here of this misfortune, glade your ok.
I dumped a three wheeler over in a small pond up north many years ago that was full of Iron Ore silt.The dealer I took it to after it quit running a day later said they had to disconnect all the electrical connections and clean them.They also drained all the fluid and refilled the machine.
If you didn't have to drive through tons of mud to get out , your axle bearings and CV joints should be ok.
But if your machanicaly inclinded I would take them apart as well to clean any gunk out of them.

Clean the air cleaner box and filter as well!

Good Luck,Benny