• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV rack? Auger Holder?

Dave

On a recent ride, I saw a homemade rack that extends off the back of the rear rack. It was made out of copper tubing. Using 90, 45 and "T" fittings, a guy could make quite a few useful "racks" to hold things on an ATV. Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture. Just thought I'd throw this out there to get your minds going for ice fishing season ATV projects smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 09-24-2003).]

Dave;
I've recently made a auger holder out of plywood. It fits into the slots on my front composite rack. The drill fits into radius on one side and the gear box fits into a notch on the otherside.
I think that someone last year posted about a rack made out of copper tube..... they put dowels inside the tubes for strength.
Talk of snow up here for Fri.......YEA!

nunzio, now that you mention that, itwas Hunt4Food who did that with some type of tube. H4F, did you use copper tube or weld steel tubes?

Oh, your holder idea sounds good too. Good job!

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 09-24-2003).]

Hi Dave, I just soldered the copper tubing together. I believe the tubing was just large enough that a 1" wooden dowel fit in there. I only needed to strengthen it with the dowel where I drilled the u-bolts through it. I then mounted this to the front tube bumper on my old 350L. I am in the process of creatig something new for my ATP. since I haven't even been deer hunting yet, I haven't given it a whole lot of thought. I don't mind those new auger racks, but I liked the fact that my auger stood higher and in front of my front rack. I was still able to put buckets up there if I neede to. I should have toook pictures I guess. I still have the copper though. I might try to adapt it to my new machine. I will definitely let you know what I figure out.

I think conduit would work, but I used elbows and tees for the auger to rest in. I couldn't find a clean looking way to do it with conduit. I don't have welder, but I suppose if you do, you could weld it together well enough to work.