• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

opinions on trail cameras

Z7EXTERME

I have the moultrie 80. I've had it out since the middle of July. I changed the batteries 3 weeks ago. I probable didn't need to it was down to 43%. Just didn't want to take a chance. I have had over 1000 pics. I've got some pictures posted in the archery forum. I think it takes decent pictures. When I bought it 2 years ago it was around 120$. Hope this helps.

I've had 2 different moultries and didn't really have a problem with them at all. Put them out in May and take them down in Decemeber without changing the batteries with thousands of pics. Put in new batteries every spring and you're good to go!

We started out with C batteries in our trail cams. They never lasted long, and were expensive to change.. Now we have an off brand cam that takes 4 AA batteries, and are going on 3/4 of a year and running strong. They're all pretty good now, just do some research to find what suits your needs

I have to agree, for the price it's hard not to go with moultrie. M80 and m880 seem to be good cameras. My dad got one and he really likes it. Battery life has come along way. I have 3 old cameras that still take d batteries every 3 weeks.

Friends don't let friends by Cuddebacks!!!

Okay they may have gotten better but my wife spent a bunch on the first one and it lasted just until the warrany was out.

I have 4 Moutries 4.0 MP. Two of them have been through 4 seasons. The displays don't work and they throw errors but they still take pictures!!! Had one of them on my best spots and it took 1400 pics in 5 weeks. As long as it works I don't care!!!

I have had really good luck with my Bushnell Trophy Cam (Bone Collector) but would have to say my best ever camera has been the Moultrie M-80. The thing is bulletproof. I was just in the market for another new one and I was searching around on all brands....until I looked at the reviews for their new M-880 which is the new model of the M-80. Why go away from what works!? I will say....I have had two wildgame cameras and both of them are now in the trash!

My reconyx hc600 has been awesome. I never worry about it not working or missing a photo. I have had two wgi ir4 cameras both dump out on me after about a year. One was a replacement and did the same thing as the original.

When it was working, it took nice pics, but the trigger was slow-ish and the batter life sucked in the winter.

I also have a moultrie d40 that just won't die. It think it's about 5 years old. Poor battery life and slow trigger speed.

I recently purchased a bushnell trophy cam max hd (black flash). The trigger speed is great, and the batter life is advertised to be the same as my reconyx. It takes great day photos, but the night images are so so.

To be honest, I bought a cheap Wild Game Innvoations Crush 3 trail camera at Walmart. Was like 69 bucks. I was looking for a camera to just give me an idea of what I have running around on my hunting land. Decent pictures with time. Wasn't looking for pics that I could blow up into 8X10's to frame. For the money, this little camera has been incredible. Runs off of 8 AA's. Have had it out since mid July and the batteries are still full charged. Pictures are much better than I expected and I have yet to have a blank picture on the card when I change them out. Trigger speed might be a bit slower than some of the higher priced cameras and recovery is a little slower, but all in all it was definately worth picking up. Buddy picked one up as well and his has worked as well as mine.

I just put one out a a couple weekends a go, my brother pulled the card and checked, 54 pictures of crows, 1 spike buck, and one wolf. The pictures were clear, day and night time. But for what I read, it has a slow trigger time, not great to put at a 90 degree on a trail, try to 45 degree angle the trails.

I have a primos truth cam 55 and I like it a lot. Takes great pics and very easy to set up. Had lots of great photos and then decided to set up a mock scrape and switched to video mode. When I went to check it, the batteries were dead and the memory card was full. I was so pumped only to have 30 minutes of wind footage. That was some expensive footage as It burned up 8 lithium batts in only one day. Back to pics....

I have a primos truth cam 55 and I like it a lot. Takes great pics and very easy to set up. Had lots of great photos and then decided to set up a mock scrape and switched to video mode. When I went to check it, the batteries were dead and the memory card was full. I was so pumped only to have 30 minutes of wind footage. That was some expensive footage as It burned up 8 lithium batts in only one day. Back to pics....

I have a Truth cam 55 IR and the 35 IR, the 35 works good decent pics nothing great but not bad for the money. The 55IR i got from primos after i sent back one of my nonworking cams from them, the 55IR i have had for less then a year and am already having issue again. It doesnt save pics to my SD card for some reason i will trigger it 6 or 7 times and get 1 pic to save. I thought maybe its my SD card but no matter what i put in it still does it. The odd thing i switched it to video the other day and i think it works fine on video????