• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What counties have said no to ditch riding?

Benny

I read in a DNR feild report from Itasca county that it is illegal to ride the ditches.
Now I thought the law said it would be allowed, but the local townships and counties can chose by a public hearing to stop ditch riding.Am I wrong , is it total illegal to ride the ditches now?
I know it is not allowed to ride state and public land eccept on the designated trails, but I thought you could ride the ditches to those trails.

Benny

Benny,
Ditches are open unless the county holds a public hearing and closes them. And, public land trails are open unless posted closed. "Designated" trails and trails open to riding are two different things. The DNR will be working the next few years to "designate" trails.

GrayBuck, yes you read the same report.
I quess they did mean motorcycles, not atv's.I just wanted to make sure I undersood the law, as we need to ride the ditch from my folks house to get to the deer stands.I was up there this weekend , and found a guy willing to let us park the trailer in his second diveway if we had to trailer them.
It pays to ask, now we have a new friend who will let us use his land to ride and hunt on.

Benny

For those who live in Washinton county , your rights to ride the ditchs are under attack right now.

They county is holding a public hearing for resedints only to hear what you have to say.Don't think for a minute that the people who don't want ATV's around will miss this one, they are planning on a full house attack.My friends who live there and don't like the ditch riding filled me in and they plan on attending to shut the ditchs down for good.This won't be just a few years, but for ever if they get their way.

Call the county or see the ATVAM web site, they have a post on the meeting there.

Benny