• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

The play he was hurt on was a designed run where he tried to take on Kiekly and one other guy. You could clearly see from the replay he thought he could make the corner or at worst take them on. Rude awakening for him. Not sure how he injures a hamstring on that play, but whatever.

This is precisely what I have said since day one, his game will not translate to the NFL. The guys are bigger, faster and hit a heckuva lot harder. Should have just stepped out of bounds, but not JM. He is gonna FLASH! LOL

Quote:

Johnny Manziel (IR, hamstring) didn't show up on time for treatment on his injury Saturday and was fined.

Manziel threw a big party Friday night, one that was attended by Josh Gordon and other teammates. It was apparently a good time, as Gordon and Justin Gilbert both missed the Saturday walkthrough and got suspended. Meanwhile, Manziel wasn't at the facility ether Saturday and wasn't answering his phone, so team security was sent to find him. We can't imagine a worse rookie year for JFF, who lost a camp battle to Brian Hoyer, looked wildly unprepared and overwhelmed in two starts and failed to conduct himself well off the field. The Browns will be on the hunt for quarterback help again this offseason.

This kid is his own worst enemy!! I hope he enjoys his time in the limelight, because it looks to be a short one!!

From SBNATION

Quote:

To say the beginning of Johnny Manziel's NFL career has been underwhelming would be an understatement. He started just two games, lost both, tossed two interceptions with no touchdowns and ended the year on injured reserve. Now, less than eight months after he was selected by the Cleveland Browns in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft, his future with the team could be in doubt.

Manziel fueled the Browns' frustrations by missing treatment for his hamstring injury Saturday, which drew a fine from the team. According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, Manziel threw a party Friday night and the Browns had to send security personnel to Manziel's house to find him after he didn't show up at the facility, as required, and wouldn't answer calls.

That party is also believed to be the reason why wide receiver Josh Gordon received a suspension for missing the team's walkthrough Saturday. In addition to the disciplinary behaviors handed down to Manziel and Gordon, Cleveland also declared rookie cornerback Justin Gilbert as inactive for Week 17 Sunday morning after he was late to a team meeting on Saturday night, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The behavior of Manziel doesn't help the fact that his struggles on the field have warranted some concerns in the Browns' front office. On Sunday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen said on Sunday NFL Countdown that the Browns are still searching for a quarterback of the future. Browns' owner Jimmy Haslam is determined to find a "top-15" quarterback for the team and recognizes Manziel might not be that player after only one season.

Replacing Manziel in the 2015 NFL Draft could depend on the options available to the Browns. With a loss Sunday, Cleveland could land a top-10 draft pick and is also the owner of the first-round selection of the Buffalo Bills, which is guaranteed to be in the top 20.

Winston will rewrite the book and make Manziel look like a choir boy when he comes out. I get a kick out of these organizations that think they can change a kid when he has had this pattern of behavior for ten years or more. All your going to do is get your coach fired.

The team that drafts him will suffer the problems not the NFL, see Cutler . Not talking about off field problems, although the kid thinks he's unbreakable.

Winston is what we used to call a coach killer. He is going to be a polarizing figure on the team, will exhibit the same poor decisions he makes in college and those poor decisions will be even more magnified at the pro level. Some team will pay an exorbitant salary to sign him, he will fall on his face and it will be the coaches fault, Marc Trestman as an example. I honestly think he will be in and out of the league in 4 years tops, another Jamarcus Russell.

Who said anything about a first or second chance? I'm just expressing my opinion on what I believe is going to happen to Winston. He hasn't done anything at the pro level to warrant a first or second chance.

I suppose you guys would have never given Chris Carter a second chance either?

For him to get the second chance he changed, showed remorse and humbled himself. I haven't seen that from Winston but if he would then I would. But you don't just give him a pass just because one guy changed 25 years ago.

Can somebody please explain to me why this thread continues to exist?? Manziel was irrelevant this year. Teddy has shown everybody that he is the real deal...

Lots if HOF's getting ready to hang it up....not many young guys stepping up to take their place. Teddy is positioning himself to be that guy. The future looks like Luck, Wilson, and Teddy.

At 22, he (TB), can give Vikings fans 10 years of QB stability while building around him...something we haven't seen in ages.

Who cares about JF....honestly!?

What a waste of space.....

Teddy has a long way to go to be talked about with the likes of Luck and Wilson. We have to wait and see how high his ceiling is first and how well we can build around him. Year two will be more telling on how good the kid is going to be.

As a fan you have to be excited of how he progressed and how things started to click for him given the talent he had around him. At least he's a good kid and keeps his nose in the playbook. For Teddy he don't have to worry about the draft process and can focus on his first real NFL off season workouts. He should be able to beef up a bit and become stronger.

The one nice thing is we don't have to wonder who our QB is going to be this season and we can start to focus on other areas.

Can somebody please explain to me why this thread continues to exist?? Manziel was irrelevant this year. Teddy has shown everybody that he is the real deal...

Lots if HOF's getting ready to hang it up....not many young guys stepping up to take their place. Teddy is positioning himself to be that guy. The future looks like Luck, Wilson, and Teddy.

At 22, he (TB), can give Vikings fans 10 years of QB stability while building around him...something we haven't seen in ages.

Who cares about JF....honestly!?

What a waste of space.....

LOL laughlaughlaugh

The one nice thing is we don't have to wonder who our QB is going to be this season and we can start to focus on other areas.

No one was wondering who the starting QB was going to be after Ponder's first year either. Just sayin'.

Obviously my point is that after Ponder's first year most people thought the Vikings had a QB for the future and that he would only improve. Those people were wrong.

Well then accepting that premise we should expect JM to perform worse next year than this year, something I was prepared to accept was not possible. Then he gets in a barroom brawl and proves such is not only possible but probable.

Tough deal when one's football messiah is pouring gas AND throwing the match on his own wagon. His disciples' continued faith is an inspiration to themselves and the "Let Futility Never End Club."