• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

Stick, I seen his knee was an issue, called out the fact that it will drive him down the board after many stated he was a 1st rounder. 2 weeks later he blows it out. Other then it coming out of my own horn Where was the hot air?

I nailed that one, your welcome.

You know something, it takes nads to throw out a prediction. Show yours, then you can comment. Is it cold in here or is it just you and Big Dave?

At QB? There aren't many choices bud. Is have to see what happens next year cause it sure ain't any in this class worth that tag. I'd roll with Cassel and pad the D with an OG in there.

I'd roll with this idea...they should have went with Cassel all year IMO. I think the players like it much better when he plays too.

Just as long as they pick a viable starting caliber QB in this years draft somewhere. Murray, Mettenberg, or McCarron would be my top picks if not taking a QB with the 1st pick.

I still like Johnny Football with our 1st though....

Since the Vikes look to have played their way out of the Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes, and since there aren't really any other 1st-round-worthy QBs (at least nobody obvious), here's the Vikes' best plan: re-sign Ponder to a 1-year deal, go 1-15 next year, and draft Jameis Winston.

Charlie Batch has been in league since 98, made $925k last season. If that's not notable then what is?

Kordell Stewart had a 10 year career and has a superbowl ring, again pretty notable.

Jake Plummer had a very solid 10 year career

To call these guys scrubs and put them in the same boat as ponder is crazy but go ahead and twist stats to try to prove your mute point Rundrave. You don't stay around in the league for 10 years and suck and that's a fact.

nip nip nip

Charlie Batch has been in league since 98, made $925k last season. If that's not notable then what is?

Kordell Stewart had a 10 year career and has a superbowl ring, again pretty notable.

Jake Plummer had a very solid 10 year career

To call these guys scrubs and put them in the same boat as ponder is crazy but go ahead and twist stats to try to prove your mute point Rundrave. You don't stay around in the league for 10 years and suck and that's a fact.

nip nip nip

I never called them scrubs, I didn't twist any stats I simply provided you hard FACTS and used them as comparison. they are all in the same boat as ponder and neither of those qb's ever amounted to or accomplished anything. They are all far from notable.

he played in super bowl xxx as a wide receiver/backup QB against the cowboys and the steelers lost. his stats that game: 4 RUSHES for 15 yards....

im not aware of him winning a ring?

my mistake, I thought he had a ring. Whatever, he had a 10 yr career most of which he started, being only 32 guys in the entire world can call themselves NFL Quarterbacks I'd say that's pretty friggin notable, but what does that all mean only your QBR matters, right? You're a complete nube man. These guys had lengthy CAREERS!!! Not a 1-2 yr career. Your thinking is WAY to remedial for me, Im done.

Box? You come up with QBR as being the gold standard in judging a QBs notability so I thought Id clue you in on a little something:

Johnny Unitas: 78.2

Dan Fouts: 80.23

Terry Bradshaw: 70.92

Joe Namath: 65.46

Bob Greise: 77.14

Icing on the Cake: JOHN ELWAY: 79.86 (makes Batch's 77.4 not look so bad huh?)

ALL HALL OF FAMERS!!!!

Know whos not?

Daunte Culpepper: 87.78

Chad Pennington: 90.14

Jeff Garcia: 87.54

That's a box rundrave and that is why you're a nube.

The most remedial thing here is your use of to, too and two.

BTW, it's Moot point not mute point.

Aside from the irony here in anyone who screams "R*&L T*DE" pointing out grammatical errors...

I'll let the first sentence slide as some folks say the use of the oxford comma is only necessary to avoid ambiguity. That said, you did not need to capitalize the "M" in "moot" there, as it is not a proper noun, nor did it start a sentence. Also, I believe it is technically unprofessional to use contractions, but I really don't care about that one (see what I did there).

laugh

(This is said tongue in cheek. apparently there are a lot of thin skins down here and in the basement lately so I just have to get this disclaimer out there)

Now just to get something on topic here... I would like to see Manziel do well in the NFL, he'd be a fun player to watch. I do think his height/release point is something to be concerned about though.

Big Dave, have you not read any of my postings?? Obviously I think its ok for me to do something its not ok for others to do. My hypocrisy knows no bounds. But for my "takes" on certain items up for discussion, I fully back them and am ready to take heat if the predictions don't happen, but be prepared for a butt load of gloating when they do.

(was that a run-on sentence?)