• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manziel Debate

DrJuice1980

Big Dave to your question about Russell Wilson, I guess I would say I absolutely would have said the same thing about him. To me there was nothing compelling from his college game that would have proven to be a #1 pick BUT he didnt make mistakes or poor throws. So, in that instance, I see where you are going in that Wilson is obviously excelling and he fell to a later round, hindsight that is a bargain and a brain fart for all who passed, but I really dont see comparing Wilson and Manziel though.

So in other words, you are no better at assessing NFL talent than the scouts that are paid to do so. Thank you for clarifying.

I was disappointed to hear that they extended the contract of Texas A&M's coach. It would have been a perfect combination having Johnny Football and his coach come to MN. They know each other, the coach knows how to use him, and Johnny is comfortable with the coach. It would be a Win-Win situation, unlike the two mutes the Vikings have now who are afraid of each other's shadows.

Although, there could be some entertainment value if Leslie is retained and Manziel comes to town. While Johnny Football is dropping panties in TCF next year, Leslie would be curled up under the Gatorade table in the fetal position, sucking his thumb, and begging someone to tell him when the game is over so he can run back to the locker room to change his drawers because he didn't understand what he was witnessing on the field and was scared witless.

TAKE A KNEE FOR JOHN-NY!!!

Is your life spending so much time here making rhetorical posts critiquing other people's comments while staking no claim to your own opinion? You should be well compensated for that one because you excel at it.

I gave you my opinion. My opinion is that the Vikings need a QB more than they need a MLB. You are the one offering the opinion that there are no QBs in this draft but then again you would have thought the same about Russell Wilson.

BTW, Johnny football's passing stats this year are almost a mirror image of Russell Wilson's senior year Wisconsin stats. Johnny Football is only a Sophomore.

chains moving instead of TD? This is one of the very things people rip ponder for. Not able to hit a receiver in stride. We don't need another one.

LOL!!!! Johnny Football has 58 TD's in his 2 years of college football in the SEC. I'm pretty sure he knows how to get the ball in the end zone.

You have an opinion and are not able to read or comprehend. I SAID there is no qb worthy of a top 5 pick. NOT that there isn't one worth picking. Do I n e e d t o t y p e s l o w e r ?

I also never said they needed a mlb MORE than a qb. Try and keep up. QB is their biggest need but they have needs all over. Don't draft a position just because you need one with a high pick and reach for a player that could be had lower. Do you want a repeat of ponder?

I certainly wouldn't pick a mlb with a top 5 pick.

Well I am finally back from my timeout so I will weigh in on this whole QB thing.

1. Bridgewater- Will be taken very early cause of his stats/numbers. Not sold on him at all. I dont like his delivery and he likes to hang onto the ball. Footwork seems a little slopply. He reminds me of the Jets QB.

2. Panziel- The guy has ALL DAY to throw behind that O-line, and he has some really good recievers. When he is flushed he carries the ball with one arm like a donk. He seems to like to lock onto a recievers and wait for the play to develop. He does have a strong arm, but hanging onto the ball that long in the NFL will get you killed and cause turnovers.

3. Derek Carr- I think he throws too many touch passes. I like a QB that really fires the ball like Brady or the old Silver Fox. He also seems to be flustered if you can hit him a couple times early and his mechanics turn to slop.

4. Aaron Murray- Blown knee. Not good. Doubtful he will be ready for a pro day or combine. I like him. Ran pro style offense, didnt have the best supporting cast. I thought he looked good going through his progressions. Pretty good mechanics, but needs to cut the INTs a little. He did play in the best conference in the country, and put up solid numbers. Looked good in couple 2 min drills I saw.

5. Tajh Boyd- Really good on throws under 20. Good footwork. Has a messy delivery once in a while. His recievers made a lot of plays for him over 20 yards. Dont like a QB that thinks he needs to run that much. Seems like a mix of RG3 and Donavon McNothing to me.

6. Brett Hundley- Might as well keep Ponder.

7. Zach Mettenberger- Blown knee

8. Marriota- Not coming out

I am guessing there will be 3 QBs taken top 10 (Bridgewater, Panziel, and Carr or Boyd) There should be a minimum of 4, but probably 5 taken in the first round.

If the queens really like someone right away they should take him. Trade up is out of the question. A trade down to around 10-15 get your guy and a little value would be best scenario. Any of them should be better than Flounder, and I hope whoever it is can sit behind Cassel for about 8-10 games and then get in there.

Buck, I like your takes but I'm not nearly as high Murray as you are. No team will take Boyd in rd 1 he's junk. I also don't think any is an improvement to Ponder, if anything it's a very slight one, definitely not worth a 1st rounder for the very slight gain.