• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

87 Honda 350-hard starting

jps

Have a 87 Honda 350 4x4 that has been a hard starter since bought used. Speedometer says 3800 miles. It fouls the plug after several attemps to start it. Not sure choke is working correctly. Are there any updates to help starting problems. Any help appreciated. jps

------------------

sounds to me like your carb needs to be looked at and attended to. if it is fouling the plug right away the choke maybe stuck on or the jets in the carb maybe be pluged or float stuck so it is dumping fuel into the motor everytime it is turned over. the other thing to check is the amount of spark you have, try a new plug and if the spark is weak there maybe more electrical problems.

just some thoughts on the subject.. hope you get it figured out!!

Thanks for the reply. Have had carb. checked out by who I consider a good Mechanic,he thought every thing looked good. Good Honda man at shop is going to check it out this week.Seems like there good be some updates that were never done! We'll see what happens. Plug fouls very easy now. I would think that could be choke problem. Also heard older Honda's were not good cold weather starters. Anyone had this problem? jps

------------------

Experience with an '88 Honda has been good for starting during winters. Sounds like you're on the right track with having the carb looked over.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 04-21-2003).]