• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Xpedition Shifting

I have a 2000 Polaris 425 Xpedition with the manual 5 speed transmission. Anyone have problems going from reverse to first? It generally hangs up when I'm plowing snow. I have to rock the machine something fierce to get it out of reverse. It only seems to happen in the winter. Has anyone tried one of those clamp on shift levers? Has it helped? I really like the machine but this is getting to be a real pain. Thanks.

i have the same machine , i love it , havent had any trouble with mine , im thinking of putting one of those side shifters on and trying it shade tree has them for about 20.00 bucks, hope it works out for you. knot2bad

------------------

I don't believe a clamp on shift lever is going to solve your shifting problem. One thing to do is make sure your idle is not too high. That will make shifting more difficult.

Thanks for the response. I agree with the idle speed affecting the shifting performance when going from reverse to first. I did readjust the idle the other day and haven't had a problem since. I still may check out one of those shifters. Thanks again.