• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reminder: Nonresidents off PLOTS, State WMAs Oct. 12-18

Nonresidents off PLOTS, State WMAs Oct. 12-18

Out-of-state hunters are reminded that state law does not allow nonresidents to hunt on North Dakota Game and Fish Department owned or managed lands during the first week of the pheasant season.

Private Land Open to Sportsmen acreage and state wildlife management areas are open to hunting by resident hunters only from Oct. 12-18. Nonresidents, however, can still hunt those days on other state-owned and federal lands, or private land.

The law applies to all small game, waterfowl, furbearer and big game hunting on PLOTS and state wildlife management areas during the first seven days of the pheasant season. Starting Oct. 19 this year, nonresidents may hunt on PLOTS and WMAs as long as the appropriate season is open.

There only one PLOTS near where we go, where I shot my first ever pintail! I'll have to leave it alone until Saturday, which is fine - I got stuck in it bigtime last year, haha!

Any general reports from NE ND? Like Michigan/Lakota area? Heading that general over the MEA weekend, a bit farther north. Not greatest area I know, but friends are farmers there. Looking forward to the trip and seeing them again!