• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new tires choices for 400ex

i have a 400ex, rear wheel drive, and i'm looking for a good all around tire, i've looked at holeshots, razr's, turf tamers, almost everything, and i want a good, aggressive tire, with good grip on almost every terrain. any help would be great

leadfoot55,any of those tires wil give you good all around traction.The tammers are a softer rubber so they are better suited for hard pack to soft loom.The razers are better for soft surface with little dirt to deep dirt as are the hole shots.
When I used to race 250R,s we used the tammers exclusively, but they did have a tuff time with the muddy tracks, the hole shots and razers did better there.The shredders are very good also.If I were to chose any one tire for all around Minnesota type riding conditions, I would chose the stock radial from Honda.Yes the stock tire , in my experiance these are great tires for all around trail, mud,sand,rock, and snow riding.They worked good in the sand at Idaho, they are super hill climbing up north in the old mine pits, they clean out good in muddy conditions, and are super in the snow.
If you shop the magazines you will find them there way cheaper than a dealer although Larsons was reasonable on thier price a few years ago.
If you want a lower profile and harder side wall I would try the shreaders or the hole shots.
Good luck, Benny

I too have a 400EX, but have 2 different sets of tires. I use a set of 22" Super Swampers for trails I need extra traction/clearance on and have a set of 20" Kenda Knarly's on ITP 190's as more of a stock version where the clearance is less of an issue. I really like the Knarly's, 6ply, knobbies well spaced out. Grab excellent in the soft-pack and really good in the hard-pack. I am probably going to be selling the Knarly's/ITP's as I am moving on too a new 4x4 wheeler and leaving the EX for my son and selling his Blaster. Let me know if you might be interested??

I put a set of maxxis all trac tires on my lakota (chain drive). They hook up real well in the snow and pretty good in the mud. They look like and perform like a blend between mud tires and knobbys. they are much better than the stock knobbys.