• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2013-2014

Scott M

He's a great player and I for one would hate to see him go. With him gone, that leaves you Rubio. A guy who is a great passer but can't shoot the ball. Bring in a big name this off season to put on the court with Love and they would be a contender. They are one player away. Letting Love go would crush this team for another five years. They aren't going to get better by continuing to loose young talent.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I will agree with you, another star on the team would improve us greatly, the problem though is that we dont have any cap space to get anyone. With Pek, Love, Martin, and the rest of them having signed long term contracts, we are pretty much stuck with the roster we have, unless we make trades. Unfortunately with our roster, we are stuck in mediocrity land. Trading Love may be the best thing we can do. This is a deep draft this year, and an early pick, and a mid round pick may give this team the spark it needs to get over that hump.

I still think all the talk is just ESPN trying to stir the pot. It will only get worse here on out, until Love does sign a contract extension, or gets sick of the media, and does demand a trade.

With the lottery rigged to give the Lakers the first round pick, to make them a competitor again, we dont stand a chance with winning a top 3 pick with out a trade. I dont think it will happen, but I dont see it as the end of the world, if it does. I would even dump Rubio, and Martin if someone wanted them.

Love is gone - it's pretty safe to assume that. And I can't say that I blame him. Kahn's bungling as GM will haunt the Wolves for a decade to come.

At this point, their best bet is to trade with the Lakers for their lottery pick this year + a veteran or two, and start rebuilding. Again.

*sigh*

Just when they were on the cusp of being relevant for the first time in a decade, too.

I dont think its as bad as you guys think losing Love.

Even if we would have made the playoffs the writing has been on the wall for a long time that Love was leaving.

Cant blame him really.

Now lets see what teams have to offer in the sweepstakes.

A decent starter and 1st rounder in what should be a very good draft works for me.

Its over hes gone!

I dont think its as bad as you guys think losing Love.

Even if we would have made the playoffs the writing has been on the wall for a long time that Love was leaving.

Cant blame him really.

Now lets see what teams have to offer in the sweepstakes.

A decent starter and 1st rounder in what should be a very good draft works for me.

Its over hes gone!

I think you can blame him. He's been a whiny little Biz his entire time here. Didn't he sit an entire year for busting his hand? He still had one hell of a contract with a lot of money and I'm sure they'd reup him for more if he holds up. You make a ton for playing a stupid game. I'm tired of these people groaning they want more. If he forces a trade, I hope he ends up like Moss. Bounce from team to team and never get anything.

KG was another story, he stayed for the long haul. At the point he wanted to be traded the wolves were trying to rebuild again and owed him a trade.

If there are multiple teams interested in Love,maybe they can improve the team's future.Love is a very good player,but not a very good team player.If he does not want to be here,make him happy and improve the future at the same time.

This report is a bunch of New York media talk!! We should entertain trading anyone if it makes sense as our team is irrelevant for the last 10 years. I like Love and enjoy watching him but if we can get alot for him then go for it but I don't think he has made any demands or requests to the organization.

and to the guy that doesn't like seeing Zach Randolph eat up Love when they play just realize that Zbo does that to alot of players in this league as he is a good basketball player!!!

Owner expects Kevin Love in 2014-15

Kevin Love may want out of Minnesota, but Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor expects the All-Star forward to be with the team next season.

Taylor told the Pioneer Press on Monday that he doesn't plan to trade Love despite the player's intention not to re-sign with the Timberwolves when his contract expires after the 2014-15 campaign.

"I should never say never because who knows what might come up? But that's not our plan," Taylor told the newspaper.

More from ESPN.com

The Wolves have a number of options to choose from when handling the Kevin Love situation, writes Brian Windhorst. Story

"I'm not in a position where you would say absolutely I wouldn't do it, because what if something that I can't even speculate [on] happens? You'd say, 'You're nuts, Glen.' Maybe some team puts a value on him that's different than we suspect."

Taylor's comments came a day after sources told ESPN.com that Love has made it clear to the Timberwolves that he intends to become an unrestricted free agent after next season and has no interest in a contract extension to stay in Minnesota.

Love hasn't demanded a trade, sources said, and the Timberwolves, at the urging of Taylor, have rebuffed all interest in the three-time All-Star for months.

But teams around the league are increasingly expected to test that resolve once the lottery order is established Tuesday night, and The Associated Press reported that amid growing concern, the Timberwolves' stance has softened somewhat.

Two sources told the AP that the likely asking price for Love would include a high first-round pick in this year's draft and a veteran or two who could bring immediate leadership to a team that lacks it.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls are among the potential trade destinations that intrigue Love.

The Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Phoenix Suns and Boston Celtics also have been mentioned as landing spots.

Taylor said there have been no trade talks to this point.

"At this point, we're not talking to any teams," Taylor told the Pioneer Press. "I haven't heard from Kevin or his agents or anything like that. We're assuming that Kevin will be here next season, and we're working with that scenario. This isn't the time for us to do anything but to prepare for next year."

He also voiced displeasure with the situation as whole.

"Kevin came here, played here, became an All-Star here ... I mean, what a wonderful environment," Taylor said. "The fans have been great and support him. I'm not sure that could have happened at other places. To be in a position where we have to defend that he might leave or not leave when he's under contract, it's difficult."

By the way, the ESPN poll they have going currently sits at 89% of the country believing Love should be traded.

Agree on the busted hand, I think he owes a back year on that contract. He jogs up the court whining about fouls way to much move on. Matter of fact contract the nba down to six teams anyway, the rest of us are irrelevent in eyes of nba. wink

At this point I really wouldn't care if they left MN. The NBA is a complete joke, and even if they did get some more good players around Love they would have no chance at winning a title, as only a few teams even have a chance.

Sadly you need to build around Rubio and hope he can develop and learn to shoot.

Now that's sad. Rubio is going to continue to regress as he can't make a shot anywhere on the court. He11 he can't even make a slightly contested lay up, and is great D that the commentators always bring up is another joke. He gets worked on that end of the floor by the good point guards in the league.

Quote:

Timberwolves president and part-owner Flip Saunders will take over as the team's next head coach.

This must have made for an interesting interview process as Saunders considered Saunders for his own head coaching vacancy. Names like Lionel Hollins, Billy Donovan, Tom Izzo, and Vinny Del Negro had popped up in the rumor mill surrounding the Wolves' open head coaching position, but Saunders apparently considered himself as the best option for the job. Flip had previously responded to reports that the Wolves were having trouble finding interested candidates by saying, ""I could hire somebody in five minutes," so this report could go a long way towards explaining that.

Flip was the best canidate for the job at the present moment anyways. No coach wants to come in when the star player is questionable as to his future! I am so hoping the Cavs make a big offer to the wolves for Love!

obviously who ever tries to trade for Love will want him to sign an extension but why not Cleveland other than it being Cleveland? With Kyrie Irving (him and love are friends) and the possibility of luring James back and them being in the East rather than the strong West Cleveland should look tempting. Can't believe I just said that!!! haha not even sure I can believe my own thoughts anymore!!!! He will end up in GS or Hou...

Why would Love want to go to Phoenix? Nice place but their roster doesn't look any more impressive than the Wolves...