• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2013-2014

Scott M

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team sure is different so far, and in a good way. Defense was much improved last night (in the first half), but we slipped late in the game. Poor floor shooting from the Knicks was a bigger factor in half two then our defense, but a win is a win. Martin has been tremendous, and Love is in mid-season form already. I like a lot of what I am seeing from DWill, too...I think he is maturing a bit. Let's go for 4-0 tonight!

This has been fun!!! Now let's beat the Cavs on the backside of the back to back and come home for the Warriors on Wednesday!!! Turiaf injury hurts the team as he was a player that looked to give us a solid pressence for a short time to give Pek a breather. Why would you want to get rid of JJ? The guy has heart, plays with passion, gets under the skin of the opposing players, and can score in bunches!! I hope they stay healthy because this group will be fun to watch!!!

If the wolves stay healthy we can go deep into the playoffs. Martin is exactly what we have been looking for from a SG. He is much better at cutting to the basket than I remember. We have a good enough bench to play with any team IMO. My only complaint thus far is Rubio shooting too much when he is cold.

My only issue is barea jacking up shot after shot. Otherwise the team looks really solid and I plan on watching a lot of games this year for once… I won't make a prediction/projection this team, I'll l wait untill thet've won 40-50 games or so before I get excited about playoff runs.

JJ had a lot to do with the Wolves come back last night, his energy he brought that Rubio lacked last night, almost won them the game. If it werent for Loves long missed shot in the last seconds of the game, they would have won, and JJ would have been the biggest reason for that. I am not saying JJ is an allstar, or that I would even want him running our offense with our first string, but in our second unit, we need someone with his energy, that isnt afraid to be aggressive. If that means taking a lot of shots, so be it. Streaky works in the second unit, because you can always pull him for the 3rd unit, or run your starter again. If JJ is playing his role, he is just what this team needs, it is when he is forced to play SG, or to run the first unit, that he sucks.

Aside from Martin's nice game from downtown, the team was a combined 0-20 from beyond that arc. That, plain and simple, is why we lost. Going even a measly 1 for 20 would have been the difference in the game, but even moving the ball around and not forcing 3s when we got behind would have been a difference maker, also. We were really sloppy and forced the ball too much in the first half. I like when we play up-tempo, but it was forced and ugly looking from the get-go. Overall, though, a tremendous amount of fight in this team as evidenced in the last 5 minutes. That was as encouraging as a loss can be, but still a bit bitter to swallow! We've proven we can hold onto early leads, and now we've proved we can fight back from early deficits. Anyone think we'd lose with even 30 more seconds on the clock last night? We just have that "we can do it" vibe going on. Fun to watch!

shved is in a hard spot, coming off the bench down big and trying to jack up 3s while cold. Maybe guys like Ray Allen can do that but those guys are RARE. Barea shot us out of house and home last night. Corey Brewer should never shoot outside of the key for the rest life.

Really great team effort last night. When these guys click offensively like they did in the first, I really don't know a team that can stop us. If we could just keep that fire going at the end of the quarters we'd be even better off... It's like we go into lag mode with 2 minutes left. Anyhow, small complaint on what otherwise was a fantastic victory for this team and an LA Monkey off our backs (albeit minus Kobe). Now a true test tonight...playing a back-to-back road game against one of their best opponents of the year. Win this one and I am really impressed. Go Wolves!

PS, how awesome is the Martin signing looking now? Guy was ridiculous last night.

After the minutes the starters played last night, I dont think it will be a favorable outcome for the Wolves tonight.

Last night Rubio was hitting some shots early on, Pek came on strong, both the Kevins were lighting in up as usual, and Brewer looked good.

Our bench, which I thought would be a strong group this season, is what is going to kill us down the road. Lets hope Budinger comes back soon, and can take up some of the much needed minutes at SF.

I was so mad at my self...I missed the laker game (forgot it was on) and then last night I watched the first quarter and fell asleep only to wake up at 2:30am and realize I missed the game!!! Sounds like if we lost by 2 and had horrible officiating then I was probably better to go to sleep...

Yea the officiating was horrid, but Pek and Love both missed bunny's at the end of the game to tie it. No excuse for those.

Our bench is really becoming a big weakness, our starter are consistently outscoring opponents starter, and then the bench comes in and gets destroyed.

I really had a hunch that our bench would be a strength this season...one of the better benches in the league...but that is far off the mark. As much as I have liked Barea in the past, he is an absolute liability so far this year. He just flies around with reckless abandon and throws up duck after duck. I know he can be a great spark off the bench, and I don't question his energy, but I think 2 of our 3 losses (including last night) are directly tied in many ways to his sloppy play. Anyone else seeing this, or am I being too hard on one player?