• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Share Photos of your Ice Fish House!!!

bassNspear

I'm ready for some hard water too!

IMG_2147copy.jpg

Pretty standard t&g cedar interior, two moveable bunks in the rear, built in bench folds out to 3rd bed, furnace/battery tv/dvd/stereo in the V front, 6 holes (4 with lights and rattle reels).

IMG_3084copy.jpg

IMG_3086copy.jpg

IS that Briggs Lake?

I should really get some "finished" photos but hasn't really been clean since smile

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey LRG -

I was curious how the inaugural season in the new house went last year after following the build. Looks like it was a success! Congrats

Thanks!

The house worked out incredibly well. I put as much time in planning as I did actually building it, so there weren't any surprises. The last few weeks have been spent 'fall cleaning' and making some minor tweaks. I spray foamed the outside of the wheel wells to help protect against road spray. It should help with keeping the house warmer, too.

I'm giving consideration to coming out of fish house building retirement for 'one more' build. Not anything of this caliber, but a smaller one for early and late ice.

Outside of the wheelwells? I know you're skirted but does the road slop actually hit the foam? That sounds like a dumb question but I'm still up in the air about wheelwells because of how many people say aluminum diamond plate looks terrible so fast.

I agree with showpropserv-we're all nuts!

Outside of the wheelwells? I know you're skirted but does the road slop actually hit the foam? That sounds like a dumb question but I'm still up in the air about wheelwells because of how many people say aluminum diamond plate looks terrible so fast.

I agree with showpropserv-we're all nuts!

About the best picture I have is this one:

A10C5ED3-2690-45A8-A53D-5ACDDED01BCD-311

You can see the white aluminum that I used to line the inside of the wheel wells. This was spray foamed against from the inside originally:

3B4522C4-6DDD-46C1-9DE0-7DD92927F21C-210

And I pulled the wheels off, covered everything with plastic, and spray foamed it also from the outside. I probably wouldn't have needed to, but I want to make sure that this thing is still going down the road in 30 years without any problems.

Anyone who is thinking of spray foaming, I used the FrothPak from Menards. Worked great! I don't think I'd ever hire out the job again.

I just watched the guy do mine this weekend, super simple. I've been told the fumes are nasty, it's the same chemical that screwed up a bunch of people at a Deerwood Strand Board company. I couldn't smell anything but I was going outside regularly. I think you are going to see a lot of guys doing it on the side for a lot less than the insulation companies. I was surprised to see how controllable it was, not like great stuff at all.

I'm giving consideration to coming out of fish house building retirement for 'one more' build. Not anything of this caliber, but a smaller one for early and late ice.

I'd second that idea just to watch the progress again. Heck, If you ever need a second hand or would take a weekend apprentice, I'm in!

Or, maybe I'll have to contract you out if I ever want to replace my castle wink

Here's mine I started on this past summer. It was inspired by Lip-Ripper's build. Not quite done yet,still need to install the interior cabinets. A little smaller at 6.5' X 15' but that's all the wife and I need plus it keeps it lighter.

http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/38bill52/media/Finishedexterior_zpsf22cc4ff.jpg.html]Finishedexterior_zpsf22cc4ff.jpg

http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/38bill52/media/BottombunkplatforminNowjustwaitingformateresss_zpscdeb63c1.jpg.html]BottombunkplatforminNowjustwaitingformat

38.... how bright are them black lights on the roof?

Those are 110V Xenon puck lights from HD that can also be mounted flush. They are bright and fairly cheap. They are only 20W each and I have them set up so I can run them on a 110V gen or inverter with the 12V batt. They even come with a dimmer. I have other overhead 12V led lights (not very bright) as well as 12V LED wall mounted spot lights (very bright) and a 12V LED ribbon type running the length of each wall (very bright and cheap).

http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/38bill52/media/IMG_1850_zpscf3702b0.jpg.html]IMG_1850_zpscf3702b0.jpg

Here is my 674 dollar "repo" i picked up last year. Have not been able to do much to it yet, but probably wont either .......empire works great, bunks for two queens, fold down dinette, plenty of storage, ceiling fan...lol..and best of all an attached outhouse with built in step to put the bucket on grin

IMG_0303_zps2abba101.jpg

IMG_0304_zps91c404eb.jpg