• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to buy a Honda ATV

If your in the Metro area, try Larsons in Cambage.If your in the north country go to Bemidji.Sorry about the south, never dealt with any dealers from the southern part of the state.
Benny

I bought a polaris scrambler (50cc) for my daughter at a dealer from the MPLS. area
and they tried to jack me around.
Sounds like larson is the place to check out. Bemidji is a little too far for me to travel.
Thanks alot for the info.

Country joe, care to say which dealer or what city?I just bought a 500 from The Hitching Post in St Anthony.They were ok,didn't feel presured to buy until the warranty came up.They were just a little pushy here but they were selling me the quad for so cheap they have to try to get more some where.
Benny

Benny, That's the place.
Sounds like it is not just me.
They will never get my business again unless I get a good deal like I did with the Polaris Scrambler. Save a few hundred dollars on it.
Anybody who goes there should be prepared for the run around.
I wonder if it is owned by an Automobile dealership?

Well sorry to hear you had a bad experiance there.So far they have been ok with me.I went over the purchace agreement to day and realized they over charged me for the winch.I also didn't see where the deposit was deducted from the finial price, but after calling them and asking about it they explained everthing and are installing the winch for free to make up for the differance in price the quated me at the day of the sale.
Can't say that I would trust them whole heartedly though.They are one of the biggest dealers money wise in the cities, so they can aford to sell machines cheap and lots of them.
They were $500.00 cheaper than any one else except for Chopper cities add last weekend.But Hitching post was still $100 cheaper than them.But time will tell as I have service work done at the 10 hour check up per warranty.
Benny

Ninetoe,

Would you mind backing up the Tousley criticism? I just want to make sure if we are going to be critical of a business we're able to base it in some fact.

Thanks.

My pleasure.

I purchased a 01 Honda Forman 450 ES.
I found the machine I wanted on the rack and approached a salesman. I then gave the salesman my info and we completed all the paperwork.I told him I would be in the next day with the down payment and the proof of insurance as I was financing a portion of the price. I asked about a specific time the next day to complete the deal and he said " oh yeah Ill be here". I came the next day and the receptionist says the salesman is at lunch. OK so I wait for an hour and he's still a no show.So another saleslady looks for the paperwork and a half hour later finds it. So as Im browsing over the sales agreement I find the interest rate wrong and it takes another 30 minutes to get that corrected. I give her the check and proof of insurance and she says it has to be prepped. OK thats no problem. I say Ill be in on fri to get it on my way up north. Sure thats fine. I get there at 3pm and the sales people are not there, so I deal with a third sales person and the same receptionist. The machine is still on the rack and not prepped. I am a little angered at this point but still excited about getting a new ATV. S I ask how long it will be? The sales man says I dont know let me check. The receptionist picks up the phone and tells me 2 hours. So here comes the salesman and before he gets a word out I say " the receptionist already took care of it! " While I wait I ask to see the store manager. 20 minutes later he shows up. I explained everything and asked him if this was typical for thier customers? He seems un interested and says well let me see. He comes back with some plastic license plate and a zip strap and says "here ya go" I laughed and walked away. Since then I have purchased a wheeler for my daughter and now am getting one for the wife. They wont get my buisness at all. This is my experience and my opinion alone.

Thanks, Ninetoe.

It's hard to understand that type of business logic. Pretty poor.

My neighbor's wife just bought one there and they delivered it as promised on Christmas Eve morning.

Ninetoe,
thanks for heads up on that dealer... they apparently have no idea what impact word of mouth has in that business... they won't get my business that is for sure.

ohhh... Hitching Post also looks like a dealer I may need to avoid... I was seriously thinking Polaris and it sounds like they have the best prices...

I plan to start calling around for prices soon... I would gladly pay an xtra couple hundred bucks for a good dealer. Any recommendations on a good dealer with good prices for Polaris in or around the twin cities?? If they beat everyone by $500, that is a different story. They would get my business for the sale but if they are jerks on the sale they won't get anymore.....

That is the best part about all of this.. you don't have to take it back for warranty work or service - you can always go elsewhere for that if they [PoorWordUsage] you off on the sale...

Thanks,

I'm starting to do my research and wanted to get a feel of where to start.

Question for you all.......... 4x2 or 4x4?

I plan on using this as a yard machine, hunting in the fall, and of course an Ice machine.

I will pull a small trailer of wood in the yard, run down trails or drag a deer out of the woods in fall and pull the permanant in the winter. Do I really need a 4x4. Could I get away with a 350 or so?

I won't be mudding with it, over that, and I don't need a rocket.
Any sugestions?

Thx, Mike

Why would you want to avoid the Hitching post?So far you have one person who said anything bad about them and it really wasn't that bad.I have told you they are treating me great.I just picked up my 500 after having the winch installed,service person typed up the bill and asked for $108.99.I told her it was on the house because they quated a lower price than they acually charged me at the completion os sale.She didn't even question it, just said ok, let's get you loaded up.I didn't anticipate the winch hitting the fame of my access cover, so I had to leave the gate down and nothing but a strong rope to tie it in.They offered to lend me a tie down for the trip home and return it on Monday night when I picked up the wife from work.
Most dealers would have said they have them for sale but not offered to lend one out.
So I would not dicount them yet, they do have the best price you will find,two dealers were close but not matching.Chopper city was with in $100 only during their sale, and Stacy Hardware was $5699.Everyone else was $5799 and higher.I paid $5715 out the door!!!$5004+$295 freight+$416 tax,license,and Doc.
It will pay to call around so you know the going rate of the quad you decide to buy.
Benny

I bought my wheelers at Warner Outdoor in Bloomington. Their prices we well in line with those at other dealers. The thing that keeps me going back is Dean and all the staff make you feel welcome, and go out of their ways to help. Even the mechanics made it clear they're available for questions in person, or on the phone. I really can't say enough good things about how they run their business. They sell Polaris wheelers, sleds, and cycles....Just to make it clear; I have no interest in the business, other than being a customer.

I thought about this today at work.It is just like every thing we do or buy, it is altimatly up to you and your buget as to what wheeler to buy.People will allways say how good or bad a make of machine is or how a dealer treated them.But you just have to decide if you want to save a lot of money or buy from a dealer no one said anything about good or bad.
You take a risk no matter what you do, the dealer you chose on any given day may treat you better than the other guy, or they may be the biggest rip offs anyone would want to avoid.
Just pick a model, then call for priceing,pick what feels right for YOU.
Good luck, Benny

I would like to say a few things about tousley. I bought two sea-doo jet skis from this place and one had to have a new eng. Well don't try to have warranty work done. They tried to tell me I did it. Well, I didn't. After fighting, they installed a new one, but the thing went back 6 times. They couldn't fix the leak that they caused. Save your time and money.

JIG/IT,

My apologies, but I had to rough edit the punctuation, spelling, and mock-vulgarity on your post. My eyes watered reading it. Thanks for the info, though.

To everyone,

Could we can the use of the s*** or d*** type vulgarities? They look horrible in print and don't really convey any more emphasis. I'm not claiming I never use these words, but they really make you look classless when you put them to paper. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Bornofice (edited 02-05-2003).]