• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly 660

snowfighter

Brother has a 2002 with 26 inch 589 tritan tires he put on, Was riding this fall, average conditions , crossing a muddy creek bed,[dip or hole]. He had it in 4 wheel plus he put in the differrencial lock when he was crossing one front tire was off the ground heard a pop and checked after to find out he broke the differencial joint going out to one wheel,dealer said maybe the tires, to much grip,anyway $223.00 to fix. He has wrote yamaha , no anwser yet , any one heard off this problem.I have a 660 to so watching when I use the lock until we hear from the company.

This is a risk with any ATV that has larger, more agressive tires installed. Especially with a locking differential.

I would rather have a bit of wheel slip, than to start snapping drive train parts.

These larger displacement ATVs can put an amazing percentage of available torque to the ground.

589's bite good. I wouldn't doubt that contributed to the problem. Did your brother buy the machine new from that dealer this year?

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 11-13-2002).]

only use my diff. lock when I hit a hole thats deeper than expected, works great. I have stock tires, but I would have to say diff. loc. has saved me many times. most times I don't even need it. the 660 griz rocks.