• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carrying a auger on a atv

I have a pair of yolks that I employ to carry my hand or power auger on the front rack. I can't remember the brand I have, but the base is semi-permanently installed on my wheeler. I could disassemble it and remove it if I needed to. The yolks just screw into the base.

Works excellent. Plus I could carry a gun if needed, or I could carry a shovel if I needed to do some work (highly unlikely).

IPI (Innovative Products Inc) make the Ice Auger Carrier that's in Cabelas. They make quality ATV gear.

Bornofice.....you probably have what's called Pack Rat racks.... made by All Rite products.... they're tough also.

Both companies have web sites.

3 years ago I made one out of 1" copper pipe. I do not have a welder so I chose that route. I simply used pipe and 90 degree elbows to make two supports. I then used 4 u-bolts to fasten it to the front bumper on my polaris. The first time out it failed. the copper pipe bent where the u-bolts pressed against it. i went back to the drawing board and build another set. I inserted a wooden dowel in there and have been using them since. it is much stronger than those gun rack type ones.

Hi, I am new to this site and I thought that I would post a reply to carrying an auger on an ATV. If you are looking for a cheap and easy way to carry your auger. I have found that if you strap the auger on the back of the ATV with bungy straps. wink.gif I know that sounds kinda dumb but it does work rather well.
GOOD LUCK!
hsolist