• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Col. Hoggiebun

slave to technology

Boy some times one needs a slap in the pumpkin. We have 4 for 5 going. The last week in ahalf has been nuthing but cam problems. With two of the five bait getting smacked the cams have been siding with ol mr. Murphy. Cant seem to get pics. Obviously user error. Batt problems have been causing the cam to pwer down after pulling card. Not paying attention to batt indicator an not familiarbwith cam enough. Both instance are tottaly user error. For the last two weeks I've been checking baits an cards haven't been producing pics. Gotter dialed in now tho. But holy snikies I've been sucumbed to crying In my grease buckets cause I'm getting hits an have no idea what's going on. What heck did I do before cams huh? I was pumped to walked into a bait an find it tore up an couldn't sleep at night dreaming of the massive beast approaching the crib just before dark. Theast wo weeks have been coool its hit, what! No pics @#$#@$#@$&@&#$ Camera! An slip I'm to depression. Shame on me. Back to basics. Back to bear hunting an never again will I be a slave to tecnolgy. Ill use it but won't depend on it.

Most cameras are very easy to set up. What camera make and model do you have.

maybe we can help with the set up so you do not have to dream what sized bear is hitting your bait. Nice to know what time of day also.

Im pretty sure that I have the problem worked out harvey but thanks anymore probs an il will post it. The whole post was ment to be about forgeting why I'm out there in the first place, dependin g on technology so much made me think that I couldn't shoot a bear without a cam. I allowed tecnology to in the way of the sheer love of the sport. Their great tools an that's all they are. Tools. I'm pretty sure it was just a batterie problem one. One is aan old D 55ir moultrie witb an light indicator tha stays green when low bat. I didn't know that wben my partner set it up. An it was green as long as I've been checking baits. Thought it was the on indicator. User error. The kther is a primos 46. Wich has a batt. Indicator but when bat gets down to 50 percent or more the normal sensitivity mode dosent seem to allow the cam to picup motion over 20 ft so I put fresh bat. An swiched it to high sensitivity an see what happens. Just frustrating to work so hard at something an have a tool to show yu something an it dosent

I know what you mean, I went up this past weekend to check cameras, well one I forgot to turn to on, and left it on setup, the other was set up correctly, but the first day I set it up, the first picture was of a beer, moving the camera on the tree, from then on, 2 weeks ago, all I got is pictures of a branch off to the left of where it was suppose to be aimed. I wasnt to down about it, mine are for deer anyhow, and I know there are alot of deer there, but it would have been nice, since I was using it as a determining factor of where I was spending deer opener. Up there, or near home.

I hear ya. We get up there opening weekend to find out the bear ripped the camera off the tree, this is the second time now and then it rain on the camera and messed the SD card up so no picutures. Another station the camera got set to time lapse and filled the card up in 12 hours all before the bait got hit. So we were flying blind. Still exciting to have the baits hit just like to know whats hitting them.

Ok I was hoping to see thread on here about camera problems! We had two baits get hit on Saturday night, both with good cameras on them with full power batteries, and neither took a picture. These baits were tore up, had big logs moved all over, it was definitely bears... So I don't know what the heck the problem was. When we walked into the baits on Sunday it took pictures of us, and the cameras were pointed directly at the baits, so I'm pretty sure they were set up correctly. I should also mention these cameras have had no problem capturing night pictures of deer in the past.

This might sound really dumb, but since bears are black, and it was very dark out Saturday night, might the cameras have failed to detect the motion?

Mo, the animal color should have no effect on the camera. Cameras detect body heat and motion to trigger.

A theroy of mine is tha some ti.es one placese a cam to far away. Even tho one migbt set a camera in a the range of distance required but due to the slow moving lazy nature of a bear it just is nt close enough to dect motion. I've watch a beat take up to a half hour opening a crib. Ive even watched the take what seemed lime an eternity to approach a bait. My cam probs were batteries. If the max range say 40 ft I'd go 25 an not ocer 30. Cams when working properly at a bait sit don't even catch half of what's going on. Color don't matter. But motion dose. Try moving ur cam closer.

Switch to the wildgame innovation cams mine have been out for 3 months taking 1,000 pictures month and and still kicking. Way better then the cuddyback and stealth cam I had been using 2c

Somtimes cams are just goofy. Checked a couple last night and the one that had a bear on it the day before showed that it had taken pics, but when I got home the card was blank. Go figure. Oh well, i think i will take my camera in to check the card before i leave next time.

Thanks for the tips guys. I think we had the cams too far away from the bait. Both were about 30 feet away. Live and learn!

I shut mine off befor removing card.

I do mine that way too. I am sure i did something wrong, just not sure what.