• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manual or automatic

Ely Lake Expert

Up to a year ago I was manual all the way, until I went on a winter trail ride (in wisconsin) I was having a problem with my shifter freezing up because the snow would pack up underneath it and from the heat of the motor it would melt and freeze over. But I gotta say I haven't had that problem with my Grizzly.

manual. I have driven a few autos and their is nothing compaired to the power delivery of a manual. I've got a 300 and can lift the fornt up when I want to. My uncle braught his 425 polaris out and I wasnt impressed. Auto is fine for tooling around but if you are going to use your wheeler for fun manual is the way to go. Also manuals are problem free where autos were built for sleds and are far from no maitnence but are getting better. If you do any deep water riding the belt can get wet and will start to slip. Pulling to much of a load can give it a uneven where in the belt and require replacement. If shifting when icy is a problem honda and bombairder make a handlbar butten shift. Honda also makes two autos that dont use belts to shift, one uses fluid to shift and the other uses a car style 3 speed.

We've been here before but
1. I would not want to repair any Honda's "automatic". The Rubicon's hydraulic drive and Rincon's torque converter drive are gonna be spendy.

2. I've heard enough complaints about Honda's "electric shift" system as well.

All machines have the pro's and con's.