• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Bison!

RiverFish

Because my hunting dog dam near died last weekend and I've been busy with that.

Any other questions?

How's the pooch doing? was it hunting related incident? Just curious. I know its been dang warm out the first couple weekends hopefully it wasn't due to something like that. Hope your dog is doing better.

How's the pooch doing? was it hunting related incident? Just curious. I know its been dang warm out the first couple weekends hopefully it wasn't due to something like that. Hope your dog is doing better.

Thanks for asking.

She had some sort of respiratory issue where she was gasping for breath just five minutes into our walk.  It wasn't warm by any means and as I said, we had just entered the field so she wasn't overheating.  Her tongue was blue and I thought it was the end.  We made it back to the truck and sat in the shade until she finally caught her breath.  I packed it up for the day and chalked it up to her just being jacked up to go hunting for the first time of the year after a long ride with no food or water...an anxiety attack of sorts perhaps.  After getting on the road she was acting like nothing happened and ready to go again.

Went out the next morning to try it again, but more of a test to see what was up.  It was about 20 degrees out and within 5-10 minutes she was exhibiting signs of what happened the day before although not as severe.  Back to the truck we went and that was the end of our hunting trip until I could get her examined.  Unfortunately after visiting two different vets getting X-rays, blood work, and an ultrasound done there was nothing found to explain what happened.  There were a lot of grim possibilities until the ultrasound was performed but thankfully that revealed no problems.  So after all of that it was good that she came out with a clean bill of health, yet frustrating because there were no answers.  She's almost 12 years old so I know I'm playing with borrowed time at this point, but she's still a firecracker and the vet even said she would have never believed she was going on 12 years old by her actions and health.  

I was back in ND for deer season last week so I gave it another go and she was fine.  I took it easy and worked up to some heavier cover to make sure she wouldn't get winded too fast and have another "attack" but she ran hard and did as well as she can for her age.  We only had one day to hunt birds but made the most of it.

Go Bison!

IMG_20151110_145159963.jpg

boy the NCAA showed how much they respect the MVC by putting in 5 teams (NDSU, ISU, SDSU, NIU, WIU)

I am just not sure the logic behind putting all of them in the same bracket?

SDSU didnt do themselves any favor by losing on Saturday that's for sure....

NDSU vs the winner of Montana/SDSU :)

yeah he was fun to watch play despite playing for NDSU. I saw him make throws that nobody else was making at any level of college football. I was bummed to see him get hurt this year doesnt look like it will keep him from playing at the next level though.

The buzz is that he's moved up to a solid first round pick but who knows.  At this time of year believe nothing a team says.

I've seen speculation that he could go to Dallas at #4. 

Houston fans are drooling over him.

Rams might be the safest bet. 

NDSU just got another commitment from the Bulldogs in Becker MN in Beau Pauley LB/FB to go along with OT/DE Radunz from 2 time defending state champs in Becker. These 2 were the big dogs for the bulldogs Def and will be a nice addition to the juggernaut in Fargo. Both had options at other schools with more scholarships (I think Radunz is getting a full ride, anyway) but Pauley I guess is a partial Scholarship... Pauley  is a tackling machine and Radunz is just a beast. Both are a couple of the nicest politest young men in our program. Both will represent NDSU well. Good Luck Fellas!!