• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cross Bow

I finally talked my dad into applying for a cross bow permit because he cant pull a bow back due to numerous surgery's. Anyway, the permanent permit came in the mail the other day so now its time to go shopping. I have no idea what to look for in a crossbow. Any pointers or preferences?

I have guided for a archery hunt called Twist of Fate in North Dakota for the past 12 years. This hunt is put on for people, men and women who have never hunted to those who have hunted and would like to again even after thier injuries. Many are quads and Parapelegic's. Most are in wheelchairs.

I have met many physically challenged archer's who shoot crossbow's from one end of the spectrum to the other.

They all say that the Ten Point is one of the best on the market today. They do come at a price but they shoot very well, are very well built and are uswer friendly as possible.

I have also seen guys use Darton, Barnett and a few others and they also shoot deer with these xbows.

As far as the lighted nocks, I know of not 1 of the 20 guides who use them. I use them on my ccompound but have not seen much for usage on the xbows but I would think they would help in bolt recovery.

I believe most all of our attendee's use scopes also.

As far as broadheads, the expandables work very well also if you believe that's what you would like to use.

He ended up buying a tenpoint titian extreme crossbow with the accudraw with the crank. It is super easy to cock back. He tried the it with the accudraw 50, but that was too hard to cock back.. Very fun to shoot also. Got a pretty good deal on it.

Tell your dad good luck and have fun and enjoy the xbow hunting.