• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dave

Ely Lake Expert

Dave, I asked a few people and some say never to put mudders on my wolverine and some mudders are fine. I am thinking about putting a set on. You seem to know your wheelers, so do you think mudders on a wolverine is worth it or do you think there is not enough low end torque? If it is worth it, could you reccomend a good set of tires for it?

Thanks

Ely lake expert

ELE, when you talk "mudders", I'll take it you mean 27 or 28-inch tires. (?) Personally I wouldn't do it. If you wanted some "muddin" tires for the Wolverine, I'd go max 26". The treda depth increases after that height. You should still be able to turn 26-inchers adequately and the more aggressive pattern will help in muddin' areas. Mud Machines (Bi-Claw and Tri-Claw), Goodyear Mud Runners, ITP 589's, Blackwaters are all decent.

Thanks Dave,

That is similar to what I was thinking. I was actually recently looking at a set of 26" blackwaters. I understand what you are saying about 28's being too big for the wolverine. It just doesn't have enough low end. I am gonna take a look at the other tires you recommended and compare prices.

Ely lake expert