• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CC Poll

Ely Lake Expert

This is just a poll and explaination question. I just am interested in what people think.

If there was a maximum engine size (cc) on fourwheelers what do you think it should be and explain your answer if you would like?

Ely lake expert

[This message has been edited by Ely lake expert (edited 06-04-2002).]

I forgot about this question. Although I feel the 700cc machine that's out now is more than most riders need/can handle, I'm not really for a restriction. If the concern is about "damage" that a larger cc machine can do, a 200cc can do just as much as a larger machine; with or without mud tires. When pulling implements or plowing, it does help to have some more hp.

Ely lake expert,
I'm pretty sure there is already an ATV size limit restriction of 900 cc's. I remember reading the restrictions when I bought and licensed my new 4 wheeler last fall. Nothing over 900 cc's can be licensed in MN as an ATV. I think after 900 cc's it's considered a motor vehichle much like a car or motorcycle and is thus prevented from riding on any ATV trails and the license fee increases significantly than.
Twitter

Ely,

You pose a thought provoking question. However, I'm not sure size restrictions would improve anything or make anything (whatever anything might be) worse. Give us some background on your question, and we could give better answers.

The first size that comes to mind would be to limit all super-charged, nitro-burning ATVs to 2000cc. smile.gif