• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Miami Peacock Bass Report 08/13/13

Ok, folks this will be my first report as a new member to the HSO family. I look forward to contributing, and helping helping out where I can. The Miami Peacock bass bite is now in it's summer peak. Most of the fish we're running into are off their beds and chasing down minnows wherever they can find them. There's still a few bedding now but you really have to search the deeper waters to find them. The best bite will be the active feeders when the sun is way up in the sky. On that point , it's important to remember to keep hydrated when your out there looking for them....bring plenty of fluids. Ya don't want to have a day ruined by heat exhaustion.

Ok, now back to the fishing. I was lucky enough to take a couple of Peacock charters out in the last week or so. One charter with one of my best clients was a morning affair. We started off throwing minnow like lures at some schoolies and landed a few. Later on in the day we found a few late nester's ,and landed a couple of nice one's using DOA shrimp tossed close to the nesting area. All her fish were released unharmed. On my second trip I had the pleasure of taking a recently retired marine patrol officer, and his niece on their first Peacock bass adventure. Paul was more concerned on getting Taylor who is about to leave to start her Coast Guard career on her first Peacock bass. Let me tell yous she takes her fishing very seriously....she makes her own rods folks! Anyways we headed off in the canal systems for a half day afternoon trip i hope of scratching Peacock bass off her list. The day was productive but not spectacular, with some nice Peacock's landed and a surprise baby Tarpon to boot....not bad,huh.

Anyways like always we took some pics of the day for yous to check out. I look forward to our next report. TIGHT LINES.

Trip one.

DOAPPICS002_zps130405f6.jpg

DOAPPICS001_zpsa93f1b4f.jpg

Trip two.

003_zpsd9548e08.jpg

001_zpse8cec91a.jpg

002_zps8f539b63.jpg

May need to head there for some action. Would like one of those on my wall. Without having to leave the US it could work out, I fish the canals, the wife can go shopping. And save some money in the long run.

Plus I do my own taxidermy, so it be even cheaper.

Yup, it's better than going to Macy's for sure...lol. I got a skin mount Peacock on the wall now..probably over 15yrs old, and it still looks great. Give me a holler if ya ever down this way. I'll try my hardest to get ya that trophy.

Capt. Tony