• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gilbert OHV area & MRR

Dave

Dave I was refering to the one Jessie just singed last week.The story in the trib this morning said it all, we no longer can ride of any trail in the state!I called the local co where I ride,(I graduated High school with him),he said he was ordered to arrest any ATV he finds off any trail in his district period!He doesn't agree with this at all but is forced to do so or lose his job.
Intrestingly he said this all came about after Garber had a closed door meeting with some people from Duluth, he didn't know if they were MRR people but suspects they were.
Sorry I won't give up his name, as I said we go back a long way.
It is no longer about the spring thaw , many of the areas closed now for this will never open again.They the MRR will be sure that they don't.I don't know how to get a copy of the bill Jessie signed, but my cousin from sheldon said the ATVAM club had it, and were shocked to see the changes made with out thier input.
Benny

What happened???Haven't gotten a clear picture on this,,,,,,,,, Is it all State property?
I also need a link for the MnATV assn. I feel the need to join!! !!! I've not felt thtis since, well, ..Semper Fi!!!!!!! -nunzio

nunzio,

You should be able to goto any Internet search engine and type in "ATVAM" and find a link to their site. They are the ATV Association of Minnesota.

The MRR is Minnesotans for Responsible Recreation. You should be able to find their site via search engine as well. Check it out. It's rather alarming.

I may have been a little off on my statement that the law was changed to include ALL of the state public land.I read the post on the ATVAM site and it looks the same as it did earlier.Although my CO friend still said he was told to ticket all ATV's traveling cross country on any land that is not private or open to the ATV's.
I have saw a few articales in the trib lately about this very subject.They could be just poluting the public into believing that all C.C travel is outlawed.
Benny

Benny, I believe all cross country travel is outlawed now. "cross country" meaning going off the current trails, designated or non designated, or traveling where there is no trail. That's cool with most ATVers. It just makes it harder to open trails in those areas later.

I am just curious and needing some clarification. Are they making this cross country ban in only state forests or all state lands in general? What are some of the specific details? Is this gonna be in specific state forests or all of them?
These are questions I think I am not the only one wanting to know. Any FM politicians up for an explaination?

Ely lake expert

Ely,
The new law prohibits cross-country travel in all state forests; you can only ride on existing trails. There DNR is also in the proces of reclassifying parts of the Foothills State Forest and Finland State Forest as designated trails only; you will only be able to ride on trails posted as open to OHV travel. Hope that clears some things up for you.