• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Sportsman 500 HO

If you want to drive to Ann Arbor Michigan, Nicholsons has them for $4999.00, and the 325 expaditions for $3999.00.
There is a polaris dealer on HWY 65 north by East Bethal or up that way that is suppose to be the cheapest in the cities.
Good luck, Benny

MSRP for a new 2002 4X4 Polaris Sportsmen 500 H.O. is $6,999. You should be able to get it for much much much much cheaper than that. 5,900 range sounds about right. Try looking for spring and sportshow promotional events.

-Mr. Fisherman

The Sportsman 500 only comes in 4X4. Benny's talking about the same place I called for my brother-in-law, the $58XX deals. Call around, you'll be surprised. The SP500 prices dropped when the 700 came out.

Heinan & Mason in Osseo will also deal and beat the lowest price from what I heard.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 04-07-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 04-07-2002).]

Northway sports is the one in East Bethel, a friend of mine picked up a loaded 400 polaris for $5500.00 last year.
The place in St Cloud is suppose to be cheap also.
Benny

700's are going for $6800! I'll try and find the name of the place I was talking about and get back here.

OK, I'm back. I confirmed the place is in East Bethel (Northway Sports 763-413-8988) and has a price of $6199 for a Sportsman 500 with a free winch. Without the "free" winch, he quoted me a price of $5849. The lowest price a Sportsman 500 has ever been.

The Sportsman 700 is $6799.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 04-11-2002).]

Is there any reason why I shouldn't expect to get the same sort of deal on a Sportsman 500 from them, or anyone else, if I wait til Fall to buy?

[This message has been edited by guidesrus (edited 04-11-2002).]

Heinen and Mason in Osseo MN had them for $5500 last month. Not sure if they are back up to $5999 or not. I would think they can still do em for $5500. They were selling 700's for $6390 three weeks ago! Even had their ad in the sunday star tribune....

They are the biggest volume dealer for Polaris. Thus the low prices? I paid 6800 for my 700 but that was in Jan.

Thanks Dave. I know well we are under attack, I have rode ATVs and snowmobiles since I was old enough to walk. There is always and will always be a group of people that want to shut down our way of enjoyment just because "they" don't agree with it. I will be mostly using my new 500 for work around the yard, but I do hope to get out and do some trail riding also.

------------------
Just Having Fun!
Love to Fish.

i wore my battery down on my new sportsman 500 after using the 2000 lb. winch for only 10 minutes or so lifting some things around the house. is this normal? what's the best way to charge the battery back up?

I'd think it'd last more than 10 minutes but I've always had the engine running while using a winch.

Best way to charge it back up is to use a battery charger wink.gif. Seriously, don't use a large current charger unless it's only for 20 minutes or so. Then, go ride and it'll charge up the remaining capacity.