• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm undecided!! (Yamaha or Polaris?)

Dan97

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being cold-blooded is a pretty **** lame excuse for not buying a Yamaha. I have a 2002 Grizzly, I can go out in the garage turn the key and just tap the starter and it will sit and idle. In the winter I just leave the choke on a liitle for a minute and it is warmed up. Take your Rubicon and hit a couple stutter bumps at 30 or so, after you pick yourself up off the ground after being thrown over the bars you will wish you had IRS.

Well here is my 2 cents. I ride a Polaris 500 as well as many of my buddies do. One of them has a new Grizzly 660 with Super Swamper Vampires on it and man does that machine go through the mud/water. I am more and more impressed everytime we get together to go riding. He has never had any problem with it except not getting stuck... smile.gif Either way you go you will be happy with the Polaris or the Yamaha.

Well guys!
Just to put my two sense in! I have a honda rancher with big tires. I am really happy with the whole package!

crappielady

sorry power boat but the last time i road my ho with a grizz i had to go get him out after i had gone through the same place twice . now days they are all good and they all get stuck if put to the challenge enough times. i once rade with a guy that was running tires that looked like they belonged on a mortor cycle, or old moddle A. on his old 350 polaris. he psent the day pulling every body out.

I don't think it matters much which brand. I happen to have a Polaris Sportsman 500 myself. But, more often than not, I take my 8 x 8 Argo. Carries 10x's the gear, can throw in the dog and easily cross a major Hwy. without worrying about her, can even add the kids and the wife! In addition, 4ft deep water does not stop us! It also doubles as a duck boat, carp shooting platform, river boat (if slow current ONLY).

Good luck in your decision.