• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leech Lake or Winnie Duck hunting

Hey guys, Im 18 and I live in Aitkin. I just finished getting my new boat ready and I am going to be headed to coming up north this weekend. I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a couple hints on hunting on Leech, Winnie or Cass for divers. I have fished a little on the north east end of winnie and a little by stoney point on leech but other than that I really havent been on either. I would think that cut foot or third river would be decent but i dont know. Are there many birds around? I heard that they were starting to come down and with the weather forecast it sounds like they should be moving a little more. Thanks for any help you are willing to give me. I am not looking for you hot spots just some general info. Thanks again.
-Kyle

I have shot ducks on the third river. It is a good place but on the weekend sees it share of hunters. There are a lot of smaller lakes around too that you could get some good shooting over. I am heading up next Wednesday for 4 days so I would be very interested in your report when you get back.
Duckbill